Smelly beds/stable deodorisers?

Ginn

Visit site
Do such things exist?

Have a very wet, smelly horse. Kept on straw on rubber mats (cheap, easy to skip out and anything else doubles muck out time and sends cost of bedding from £5/week max to £20/week min!!). Full muck out each morning with beds left up for floor to dry throughout the day.

But, due to high volumes of wee it stinks to high heaven!

Are there any products I can use to help deordorise/neutralise the smell slightly and more importantly are they worse the cost/do they work?

N.B. Before anyone suggests it, have tried using an absorbant base (wood pellets, magazorb, shavings etc) under straw but she still gets through a minimum of 2 bags a week in addition to the straw she gets through. Have also tried deep litter but it ended up needing a full muck out every other week due to wetness.

Nosey

Visit site
I use Jeyes dustbin powder on the wee patches on my mats..the original rather than lemon scented. Good cheap alternative to the ones marketed as stable deoderisers - its about £1.80 a go & you don't need to put a lot on.

PennyJ

Visit site
I just use bog standard household disinfectant/antibacterial spray of some kind. Now I've used up all my old bits and bobs at the back of the cupboard, I just go to the 99p shop and get something in there, dilute it down into a spray bottle and spray away! Does the job and gets rid of the smell...