Smelly hooves

lcw

Visit site
I have just noticed my mare has a smelly hoof and I’m thinking it could be thrush, anybody got any ideas what I could use to start to get rid of the thrush, now it’s saturday evening and no horsey shops are open, thankyou

TPO

Visit site
Cider vinegar or diluted milton sprayed onto clean hooves that have been picked out and scrubbed with hoof brush

Baby wipes can be used to "floss" deep central sulcus and then packed with sudacream

I really rate redhorse field paste and they do a fast delivery service.

lcw

Visit site
Cider vinegar or diluted milton sprayed onto clean hooves that have been picked out and scrubbed with hoof brush

Baby wipes can be used to "floss" deep central sulcus and then packed with sudacream

I really rate redhorse field paste and they do a fast delivery service.
Thanks

Reactions: TPO

Follysmum

Visit site
If the above doesn’t shift it try Kevin bacons it’s fantastic, very strong horrid smell but it’s wonderful stuff

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
milton but red horse stuff is definitely worth ordering, depending on how deep the frog crevice is and how often you want to treat.
If the frogs are deep/tight enough hoof stuff is great for staying for a few days and I tend towards a spray of sole cleanse and then stuffing them with that.
Field paste sticks well for a good amount of time but does stick to bedding etc if they aren't out all the time.

OdinsMum

Visit site
My rescue boy gets thrush at the drop of a hat, I wash with salt water once a week and spray on alamycin after the wash. Other days of the week I spray on diluted cider vinegar.

lcw

Visit site
My rescue boy gets thrush at the drop of a hat, I wash with salt water once a week and spray on alamycin after the wash. Other days of the week I spray on diluted cider vinegar.
Thanks for your reply, I’m willing to give anything a try and see what works for my pony

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
I scrub out with diluted Betadine once a week and when they go onto grazing thats had sheep on it, they get that plus terramycin spray.

if you have hibiscrub in your first aid kit you could use that.