Smiths Lawn report...3rd one!!

H-J

www.piczo.com
Well had a great day and completed my first Novice on my new horse but cant help thinking what if!! That double clear point was so close I could smell it!!!!!

We did an ok dressage for Fitz he gets very very tense so need to work on that over the winter we got 46 which I am not used to!! But was well deserved!

On to the Sj and I have to say I was a little nervous havent jumped a Novice SJ course for at least a year and SJ isnt my best phase anyway, well went on and warmed up jumped some huge fences and he was going great, thought the SJ was on the big side from what ive seen this year but thought I had better just get on with it!! I went over and said I was ready expecting the 6 people in the wamr up to go before me but he said you can go in lead off to the right and there I was going in!! I circled, the bell went and off I went, all going very well I got to number 7 and thought here comes the huge combination but he went through it like a dream, I was happy to complete then they said I was clear so that was a bonus!! Clear Sj Novice thats a 1st!! And the bit worked a treat, perfect so will keep that for SJ.

Then on to the XC and soaking wet as it didnt stop raining, and for some stupid reason decided to take my roundings off and have my reins on the bottom ring of my combination, walked him down and it felt ok had a canter and felt fine, then got into the warm up and popped a fence and he was chucking his head up, obviously too harsh but didnt have time to change it so had to go XC like that hence going to slow and Saf catching me up!!! Jumped clear XC but got a stupid 20 pens at the double of skinnies, as I came round the corner a good 7/8 strides away he had a massive spook at the jump judge and ran left so I just popped the alternative as I was in front of it! very annoyed as didnt present at the fence but was too tired and hungry to bother about arguing it!! Hopefully will be doing Burnham Beeches Novice then Firle, so hopefully I will get a double clear there and pick up a point that I so desperately would like!!!!

Saf

community.webshots.com
Great report, glad Fitz was good and well done for the clear SJ
grin.gif
, not many of them. That last line did seem a bit big
wink.gif

Sorry did not get more of a chance to say hello, always good to meet a forum member. Good luck at Burnham and maybe catch up at Firle
smile.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
Thank you. Will only be going to Burnham if we can find a lorry before then!! We are selling the trailer and getting a lorry again as I just cant get the hang of the trailer at all. A lorry is far less hassle I think. So fingers crossed should be able to leave it a while to enter ballot has been and the are still taking entries for every class.

Then on to Firle, ive heard Firle is quite difficult but it doesnt look that bad on their website have you been before?

Saf

community.webshots.com
Have only done the PN at firle year before last on Saf as a 5 year old and she went clear, the water did catch some and the last bit is down hill with some drops
the photos do look good on the webbie but always hard to tell terrain.
Hope you get the lorry sorted, more room too than a trailer and I love driving mine, old but does the job
wink.gif

lizzie_liz

Visit site
well done sounds like you had a good day and that point will come soon.

sister was going to be going to burnham for the novice but her horse is lame again due to her collapsed heels so even if she comes sound soon won't be fit enough

good luck for there and firle and hopefully you'll get points at both of them

H-J

www.piczo.com
Ive heard the fences are very colourful. Should be ok though Fitz doesnt spook at the fences just the surroundings!! And Smiths Lawn was a prime course for that, people popping out of bushes!

What do you think of Burnham Beeches Novice? I wet last year on Jack but withdrew as it did not stop raining and I had 3hrs from dress to SJ and I was soaked so decided to go home!! And the SJ was in an arena and a bit tight for him but want to go this year as Fitz is a better Sj'er.

Did you think the XC had a little "just been built yesterday look"? or am I being snobby!!!

H-J

www.piczo.com
I hope so, hope your sisters horse gets better soon.

It can be a struggle keeping eventers sound sometimes cant it, especially with the ground so hard at the mo. (touch wood - for everybody!!!)

Saf

community.webshots.com
Burnham last year seemed very nice, I liked the SJ on a surface and she can't tank off in a small arena
wink.gif

As for the XC she did not come out of the start box not like her, jumped a couple of fences and she did not feel right so went home, had her bloods done and she had a virus low red and white count. Can't get the time off to go this year
frown.gif

I walked the XC at Smiths yesterday and yes they were cutting out the owl hole and doing loads, the quarry is brand new still being built two weeks ago, snob lol
laugh.gif
the course builder said to me "it suits a 14.2 pony what have you got" emmmm "17 hander"
blush.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
I meant Burnham Beeches looked a little like it had been built in a day! Not Smith's, thought Smiths XC was lovely it always is.

Mind you something about that event that always looks better in the sun and not damp drizzling rain!!!