Smut the spaniel

Clodagh

Visit site
Went to her new home today. He was a really nice man, he primarily wants a pet and friend but also does a bit of rough shooting and some stalking, so she will be lots of things and with him all day every day. Sounds absolutely ideal and you could tell from the way he introduced himself to her that he really knew his onions...or his spaniels!
She now lives in Somerset! Shooting in the Quantocks, that will be a shock after Essex.

Blazingsaddles

Visit site
Went to her new home today. He was a really nice man, he primarily wants a pet and friend but also does a bit of rough shooting and some stalking, so she will be lots of things and with him all day every day. Sounds absolutely ideal and you could tell from the way he introduced himself to her that he really knew his onions...or his spaniels!
She now lives in Somerset! Shooting in the Quantocks, that will be a shock after Essex.

Fab. You did the right thing.

twiggy2

Visit site
The younger spaniel here needs rehoming and am in contact with the local rescue to hopefully get her homed through them.
She is such a busy little thing and needs a job-we just dont have the time to get her started on a job or to continue it to be honest.
It's tough to se you can't give them what they need and to let them go, she is a delight when you are with her (outside) but she spends too much time alone.
My lurcher won't tolerate her indoors as she is such a live wire, other half does not beat anymore either so when we are working 12 +hr days she does not have enough to do.

Clodagh

Visit site
How old is she Twiggy? Good luck, we are all so much happier without Smut and the man that has her adores her so it hads worked out brilliantly. Funnily enough the labs hated her, she was too OTT, now she has gone they play together again.

twiggy2

Visit site
She is 2 and a half.
I can't have her in the house as the lurcher just won't tolerate her manic behaviour and it creates tension between the house dogs, it's taken a lot to get the house dogs all settle together as it is.
She is such a lovely person in small doses and to walk with she is great- she stays with anyone who takes her out-she does not need to know them.
She just has no job or purpose and with the best will in the world she is not going to get one here.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
She is 2 and a half.
I can't have her in the house as the lurcher just won't tolerate her manic behaviour and it creates tension between the house dogs, it's taken a lot to get the house dogs all settle together as it is.
She is such a lovely person in small doses and to walk with she is great- she stays with anyone who takes her out-she does not need to know them.
She just has no job or purpose and with the best will in the world she is not going to get one here.

Have you thought about putting her through Spaniel Aid UK? They won't re-home over Christmas and will home check/spay/vet check. A fosterer could take her soon, tho, I think. I know Thistle on here is involved with them.

twiggy2

Visit site
I have spoken to a local rescue and they are looking at getting her assessed to see if they can take her, I have a couple of other options too but will keep spaniel aid in mind too if nothing else turns up, thank-you

twiggy2

Visit site
Thank-you gsd, currently she does not work, she has avoid recall but strays s bit far for gun work, she is not gun shy and with lots of input may come right for work but it would take a lot of patience.