Sneakers for horses!

H-J

www.piczo.com
Has anyone seen this! Sneakers for minature horses...

http://www.miniequus.com/
shocked.gif

RachelB

Visit site
"Some of the things I have found is if you treat a Miniature Horse like a full grown one it can mean death to your Miniature so felt the need to publish a site."
THAT I find a very odd statement, and it got worse as I scrolled down the page. That is just wrong...

H-J

www.piczo.com
[ QUOTE ]
bloody rediculous

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree - but was a bit scared to say incase some people agreed with it!
crazy.gif
is a bit shocking
shocked.gif

SALLYT

Visit site
I totally agree its wrong, but then I think dressing any animal in clothes is wrong, let them be animals, if you want something to dress up buy a doll !

pinktiger

Visit site
omg,,, as a race were mad!!!! how cute the mini's tho, anyone see the prem mini at the bottom of the link with the cat??? awwwwwwwww

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
have you actually read up on what miniatures in america get up to? Whilst I hate the idea, they wear trainers over there for a good reason.

Some miniatures are used as "seeing horses" like our guide dogs over here, they go up stairs, downstairs the lot, walk miles, without trainers on they would probably slip and slide and break their legs! - read up on it before judging.

Yes its yuk, but then i think people should stick to dogs for sight and hearing issues, rather than miniatures anyway but there are reasons why they wear them.

SALLYT

Visit site
No I haven't read up on what miniatures in america get up to, why would I?
confused.gif

I am not judging anything I'm just saying that in my opinion I don't like to see it, some people will, I don't.
You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine.
tongue.gif

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Yes, but base your opinions on the facts or appear ignorant and judgemental. Sabre Sneakers started off as custom protection for laminitics and other foot problem horses - not as designer accessories for minis.

The lace-ups and cowboy boots are awful though.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I guess it's just like dressing chimps and dogs etc. up - pretty yuck IMO. With regard to the need to wear them - sorry but I would say normal hoof boots (like Boa's) are 10 times more practical than some stupid little cowboy boots!!

scotsmare

www.creativewritingforaliving.co.uk
Pretty awful, they are bit too 'fashion' based really - if they're being used as seeing horses then I can understand the need for some protection, but why do americans have to go to the ridiculous end of the scale? Utterly tasteless.

D

Donkeymad

Those sneakers have been available for years, they are just expanding the 'fashions' now. I don't see why they can't just use ordinary hoof boots when needed.