Sneezy Coughy Wee Dog

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
I think the wee dog (JRT cross) has a cold.

Not had a coldy dog before, is it a vet job? Or a ride it out for a couple of days?

She's eating and drinking fine. Perfectly happy bouncing around field.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
You can give it to any other dogs you have as a preventative as it will take a few days to show with them. If it is KC, please also keep them isolated/at home/away from other dogs/dog parks/public places where dogs will be.

Mine caught it yet again in kennels recently because someone brought their dog in for daycare 'not realising'. Whole business had to shut down for a deep clean.

SAujla

Visit site
It's may be kennel cough, it's rife at the moment and extremely infectious, you can give Benilyn, honey, echinacea etc. There are several strains which can cause sneezing and snorting as well as the hacking cough.
Do you know if once a dog has kennel cough whether they develop any natural immunity to it for a while? Clover had kennel cough in August so I wondered if she's got a window of time where she might have some immunity to it?

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Do you know if once a dog has kennel cough whether they develop any natural immunity to it for a while? Clover had kennel cough in August so I wondered if she's got a window of time where she might have some immunity to it?

My oldest dog has had it in 2013, 2018 and 2021. Up until the last bout I was quite religious about Zoflora-ing surfaces (the pet one kills Bordatella), bowls, toys etc to prevent spread and re-infection but as I have three sharing same house/kennels/van, it seems a bit pointless now.