SNELL E2001 Riding hats

fairyclare

Visit site
I am looking for a new hat, I currently have a Casco and a Champion ventiair. Both lovely hats but both are 6 to 7 yrs old now and really should be replaced.

I would like a SNELL E2001 rated hat, I don't do XC (the odd play but no eventing etc) I SJ and Dressage, school and hack a little bit.

A google search shows the PROtector range and The Gatehouse RXC1, the HS1 and the Charles Owen 4Star don't fit me.
Are there any others I can have a look at?

Thanks x

Herts05

Visit site
PROtector do made to measure at the same price. If you contact them they will send you a measurement kit. A friend of mine used it a couple of years ago with good results.
Lovely hats and a great choice of colours available

charlimouse

Visit site
Have you tried on the RXC1? The HS1 doesn't fit me at all, but the RXC1 fits really nicely (and has the bonus of a removable liner you can wash!). I have had a made to measure PROtector skull previously and really liked it. They sent me a head measuring kit, the hat was with me within a couple of weeks and fitted like a glove. They were very helpful on the phone and would certainly use them again.

fairyclare

Visit site
PROtector aren't too far away from me, I didn't know they did a made to measure service, I will contact them!
I have tried the RXC1 on it fitted but I have no faith in the shop that I tried it on it - it was the who sold me the CO 4Star which I got home and tried again and decided it was actually too big!
I liked the RXC1 for the removable liner, such a good idea!

fairyclare

Visit site
Red-1, no I took it back in CO I am a 2 1/2, the lady fired a 3 and insisted it fitted, it didn't! I rode in it for a few mins, 1 leap and it was over my eyes so off it came, old hat back on and then back to the shop!

I liked the RXC1, but the PROtector has pink on.... he he!