SNOW FALLING AGAIN!

Penniless

Visit site
Having had all the horses kept in for 11 days, we finally managed to get them out for 4 days running, couldn't put them out yesterday because, again, it was frozen out there and too slippery, and when we got up this morning - even more icy out there (even with us mucking out for the past two weeks straight onto the concrete). So having just lunched them all, we've now come in for some lunch ourselves - and guess what - it's 12.17pm and the snow has started to fall again. (We live between Ely and Newmarket).

Just how much longer is this weather likely to go on for! Poor horses are being so good about it all, but again, I can't even get the working horses over to the horsewalker for any exercise.

mrussell

Visit site
We must next in line for some then... bloody stuff. I hate having to lead across the yard when they are all wearing ice slippers. Grrr.

Puppy

Visit site
Yup, it's snowing here in Cambridge too
crazy.gif
I'm relieved to say it doesn't trouble my horses as they stay out whatever, but it does make the roads a worry
crazy.gif

Chex

Visit site
Its snowing here too, has been all morning. Thats been pretty much everyday for over 2 weeks now
crazy.gif
. There is a feeling of when will it end, especially as the forecast showed snow for most of next week. Its supposed to be -8 tonight, that'll make driving fun...
frown.gif

LeneHorse

Visit site
Yes, its been snowing off and on here all day and is forecast to drop to minus 11 tonight so lots of lovely ice to start the day tomorrow! The Daily Record (scottish newspaper) says its not to let up for at least a fortnight. Ours have not seen grass for 3 weeks now, though they are still getting turned out every day. Riding is just a distant memory.
frown.gif