Snow sheep - Lambie in the snow!

KellyJoArnold

Visit site
Went down to check the sheep this morning, We have 40 here, I own 1! And this is my little man in the snow! He is not impressed, and its almost touching his belly in some places in the middle of the field, but i have to admit - He does look adorable (I may be biased!)

DSC06565_zps323c6e71.jpg

'Mum, can i come inside now please?'

DSC06548_zpsf0183cb3.jpg

Leader of the flock!!

DSC06560_zpsb067f144.jpg

'Brrrrrrrr.'

Sorry about sizes, My photobucket is disagreeing with me!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Te he !

He is lovely. We had a highland bullock a while ago. He frightened me witless on a daily basis, but I loved him, brushed him and fed him treats.

Of course he had to go and I remember sitting at the table with everyone saying how tasty he was. I didn't taste him and had to try not to cry !

He was rather naughty and he chased the OH over a gate once.

KellyJoArnold

Visit site
Te he !

He is lovely. We had a highland bullock a while ago. He frightened me witless on a daily basis, but I loved him, brushed him and fed him treats.

Of course he had to go and I remember sitting at the table with everyone saying how tasty he was. I didn't taste him and had to try not to cry !

He was rather naughty and he chased the OH over a gate once.

We have a rather adorable and fluffy red hereford steer in the barns at the moment, He is so cute. But going to market in may! Cute as a button, but strawing them out is difficult, he starts bouncing around and waving his horns at you! (about 2years old now.) so was funny when he was a calf, but not anymore!! :(

Tinsel Town

Visit site
Considering we have no snow here, and clearly he is in distress I think you should send him to me :D hehe, he is gorgeous! and now I want one!!

Leaf

Visit site
Don't! :eek: My dad says the same!! ;) Luckily for him, he's out of a milk sheep - So wont fatten up very well for the aga!! :p

I have purebred dairy sheep (zwartbles also) and they fatten up easily, excellent eating lean and sweet we have a waiting list every year... and when crossed with a "meat" tup even better... ;-)

but he is very sweet looking and they are friendly x

KellyJoArnold

Visit site
I have purebred dairy sheep (zwartbles also) and they fatten up easily, excellent eating lean and sweet we have a waiting list every year... and when crossed with a "meat" tup even better... ;-)

but he is very sweet looking and they are friendly x

Alot of people have told me they always have very prominant shoulders, even when fat? Is it true?
I could never fatten him - he is more of a pet, but i like to learn about other peoples experiances with sheep :)

Lambie was an orphan, So will probably never do fantasticly anway!

I have a feeling the tup he was from was a dairy breed, but im not sure!! But he's got zwartble somewhere in there! :)

Skippys Mum

Visit site
Haha - he is so cute! Zwartbles are wonderful sheep. I have one. He is about a year old now. His name is Daisy (Hollandaise - my other sheep are HP, Chops, Minty, Mustard, Wooster, Salsa and Mum). He is a total pet (all mine are strictly pets - they are forever sheep :D)

Younger Daisy
P1020804800x600.jpg

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
We have Vera, Enid and Shirley, all texel crosses :) They are not impressed with snow and want to come into the hay store, where they were allowed to be during their first winter. They are big girls now and should be able to cope quite nicely with two open fronted sheds that form an L shape with trees to one side and the back of the tack room to provide shelter at the front. They appear to think that we are cruel and that they will freeze to death with this arrangement :D

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Humph, mine spent all last winter trying to get under cover and now that we have them yarded this year they just want to get out! Totally free range is what they want to be, I found three of them in the utility room yesterday when I let them out for their wander about.