Snowy the Shetland went to a Show!!

nic85

Visit site
Aww thanks you guys! We all really enjoyed ourselves, Son is ever so pleased and is now planning his next show :) We didn't expect any Rosettes, maybe a special as Son is still very much a beginner and we are still figuring Snowys little quirks out (.it turns out he loves ice cream cones! He stole my Husbands! ) It was so funny when he got his first, his face was amazing and everyone watching clapped as the judge handed over his rosette ( I admit I welled up at this point and gave Son a big cuddle to hide the fact I was on the brink of tears, it was a little embarrassing!)
As for him being so clean well I used a touch of my fabulous toner shampoo ( it's basically purple, turns your hands purple) in with my Diamond white shampoo, worked a treat :)

Now to frame a few photos.........

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Fabulous, well done to you all. I know how hard it is organising small child and pony for shows. I have to admit to welling up too when my son does well, they're proud mummy moments. Brilliant moment for treasuring, love your son's face when getting the red rosette. Hope it's the first of many for them.

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Totally gorgeous. Love the picture of your son leading the adorable Snowy on his own. He has the biggest smile ever when he was called in first.
What a team, they are. Snowy is quite scrumptious too.

nic85

Visit site
Aww thanks again for such lovely comments! I missed these replies yesterday, Snowy is no longer as glowing white now ;P We are keeping our eyes open for more shows to go to now! :)

3OldPonies

Visit site
Awww, you all look fantastic. Well done, and such a good haul of rosettes for a first time out as well - even better. You must be so proud, and rightly so.

fatpiggy

Visit site
What a funny little pair of scamps they are! But the thing I like the best is that your little boy is having so much fun with his "ordinary" pony. Show rings are so full of surly children on blood ponies neither of which is enjoying themselves. This little pony will teach your son so much, not least that his own hard work will reap the rewards in the end, rather than having a rich parent buy their way to first place and the kid is just an accessory.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
its exactly the sort of pony that should be in first ridden-not one of those fancy ponies who has to be lunged and/or ridden by an adult first. Great to see a Shetland as a proper kids pony.

Ruth_Cymru

Visit site
Only just seen this post. What an utterly adorable pair, the sheer joy on your son's face on being given his red rosette is just priceless :)

nic85

Visit site
Hehe, Ill have to add these pics I took the day before at home, we were going to do the lead rein working hunter class ( Little cross poles) so we were having a practice but son was too scared to go out of walk so I took some pics of him walking over the jump

10293654_10152028077247547_6564313516584102771_o.jpg

He did the 2 jumps a few times in walk and trotted inbetween but decided he wasn't ready to jump, so he did this instead

1498007_10152028077457547_741614899541582354_o.jpg

He thought this was brilliant and that's why we did the inhand class instead :) seemed like a good choice too!!!