Snuggy hood people help

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Last year I tried a headless turnout hood on Louis and it constantly slipped down his neck and I did it up quite tight, his quite narrow through the throat neck area so that may have been the issue but I'm thinking should I try a size down.

I bought a M/L as his 15.3 but his neck is not wide at all and his not huge in the shoulder so shall I try a medium one?

I am just sick of him being caked in mud everyday and a full neck turnout rubs his mane out.

albeg

Visit site
I have a similar issue with mine, will be interested to see if going down a size helps. There is a velcro strap for attaching to a headcollar, so I wonder if the idea is that the headcollar is supposed to stop the slipping (in which case I'll have to put up with slipping when I use it, he lives out, so leaving the headcollar on isn't an option).

nutjob

Visit site
I had to get XL for my 16.2 warmblood who has a fairly short but chunky neck so the opposite problem in terms of sizing. It fits close to the neck and doesn't slip down so it is possible for it to stay in place, mine is too long but this doesn't seem to be a problem. I haven't found them very waterproof more than a light shower, they do keep mud off though.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I have a similar issue with mine, will be interested to see if going down a size helps. There is a velcro strap for attaching to a headcollar, so I wonder if the idea is that the headcollar is supposed to stop the slipping (in which case I'll have to put up with slipping when I use it, he lives out, so leaving the headcollar on isn't an option).

I did notice the strap I think to attach the head cover on as well, mine are in at night at the moment but his a bit of a twit and into everything so I wouldn't put it past him to get into trouble, I may invest in a field safe one though to use in the daytime thank you ?

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I had to get XL for my 16.2 warmblood who has a fairly short but chunky neck so the opposite problem in terms of sizing. It fits close to the neck and doesn't slip down so it is possible for it to stay in place, mine is too long but this doesn't seem to be a problem. I haven't found them very waterproof more than a light shower, they do keep mud off though.

I think the fit does vary depending on horse shape I have bought one now so will see how it fits and let you you.

Squeak

Visit site
If you don't already use it, I found that baby oil really helps make it easier to brush mud off. You can get some other products such as seven day mud away which I tried and did a slightly better job than the baby oil and lasted slightly longer but not enough to warrant the difference in cost.

I have a mud monster and I've found it makes a huge difference.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I just about got the medium over his head but it seem to fit better in general but it was a struggle to get it on so that might put me off, I could just get a zip on one if it works out OK.