So angry and upset

sydney02

Visit site
Bought a brand new made to order treeless saddle supposed to be 17" a few months ago and after measuring the saddle today after thinking it didn't seem the same size as the others we were trying on, turns out its closer to 20"!

The extra length with her forward girth line meant the girth pulls the back of her saddle down onto her back behind her last rib, which is why she's been in pain and not been able to work for 3 months.

I'm so frustrated at myself that the past few months i've been going through everything that could possibly be wrong with her, and always crossed off the saddle because its new and treeless and been fitted to her. It didn't ever occur to me that it wasn't the size i'd ordered.

So now I'm going to try a shorter treeless saddle with a banana girth and then try a saddle fitting clinic for a treeed saddle and if that doesn't work then i'll have to sell or loan her to a child/teen where they can use a saddle that fits them and her. Which breaks my heart because I love the bones of her, but she's so much happier in full time work and if I can't find a saddle that fits us both then that's what's best for her. :( :( :(

I am going to ask for a refund on the saddle or an exchange for a 17 or 16"...do you think i'm within my rights to ask for reimbursement for the physio bills as well? Because two of those visits would never have happened if the saddle was shorter.

Congrats if you got through my rant, I tried to keep it short!

Barnacle

Visit site
No I don't think you'll get anywhere asking for the physio money - though I can see why you'd want to. It's a shame this has happened. Honestly, if your horse is sensitive, a well-fitted flexible tree would be best. They distribute your weight most effectively according to the existing research so you'd be more likely to be able to find one that doesn't hurt her but also fits you.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
If you had the treeless made for you horse, who measured it? Who fitted it? Plus seat size is one thing, the size of the supportive panels are another.

Last edited: