So bought Just Grass...

barkinghorse

Visit site
I have put it in his feed as it is so dry, i worry about choke,
Does anyone feed it on it's own and dry?
have thought about wetting it, but then worry about it fermenting?
Smells lovely though, and has more fibre and less protein than Readigrass.
Thoughts please
Jo

K9Wendy

Visit site
I feed Readigrass and feed it dry without any problems, however it is mixed in with her feed which contains sugarbeet so it may be a little moistened. I read a few days ago that somebody damps it down, but like you I would be afraid of it fermenting as I know my horse pokes the feed out and goes back a few times to eat the grass! I would worry more about choke if my horse bolted her food, but she is laid back! With a bolter it might be different...

Weezy

Visit site
I feed it dry and wet - damp in the eve feed, dry in the morning, and I do chuck a bucketful in dry if I feel the hay may be lacking in quality and to give the horse somethng to chew - never had a prob!

spaniel

Visit site
I feed it dry to the ID,( he wont touch it if I damp it down), by the bucketful. Oldie has his as a chaff replacer in his feed so is effectively dampened by sugarbeet.

barkinghorse

Visit site
Sorry,
i meant ferment in their stomachs, like very wet grass does
blush.gif

Jo

Lvrees

www.supergroom.co.uk
No it wont ferment in there stomachs unless you soak it for a long time beforehand. Or you feed it like soup which would probably soak all the goodness out of it anyway!!!

Feed it damp and I'm sure it'll be fine. I used to feed it as I couldnt get hold of readigrass and I feed with sugarbeet and my boys fine!!!