So cruel...

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
There's this girl at my yard, right, just bought a foal and it's not even rugged up!!!! Even the native has it's legwarmers on! Is she crackerz?

Shall I call FWIW?? I just worry she might find a foal shaped ice block in the mornin.

Sparkles

Visit site
Lol! Well in that case....we should go out and frantically bulk buy foal rugs for our cob babies then ;) [Thus ignoring the fact, that they'd probably be colder with a rug on than with their copious amount of winter floofage they're sporting....]

Cruel owners. ;)

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
i have a foal at work that lives in a portacabin with no rug.. im not joking.

today my horse decided to lash out at me as i had the cheek to ask him to move over. he met my whip several times..

how am i doing on the cruelness levels?:rolleyes:

tallyho!

Visit site
Actually, I was thinking I might bring it home n stick in front of the fire with the cat....

tallyho!

Visit site
Yep, marshmallows and hot choc.... wit some of that popcorn sprinkled on top. Marvellous!

TigerTail

Visit site
so so cruel tallyho - i dont know how you've not intervened yourself and put 4 rugs including necks and fleeces on :D

Paddy Irish

Visit site
I find that a good degree of warmness can easily be achieved by tieing up my horse then attaching his electric blanket to a fully charged leisure battery , although the battery will last about a week i'm tempted to ask if anyone has tried converting to a solar panel?

abitodd

www.musicfordressage.net
I find that a good degree of warmness can easily be achieved by tieing up my horse then attaching his electric blanket to a fully charged leisure battery , although the battery will last about a week i'm tempted to ask if anyone has tried converting to a solar panel?

A solar panel would work ....and there may still be a government grant to assist in the installation of one.
Wind turbines are also very good generators.....and you can always use an ass (or cob) if the wind drops.HTH:)

tallyho!

Visit site
OMG wind turbines???? Are you lot mad? Don't you know horses are allergic to wind turbines... theres an actual petition by allergic horse owners against them.

I have a better idea.... dynamo powered blankets. Now.... just got to think where to pput the dynamo...

wildflower

Visit site
We had our stable block loft insulated this yr ...its made a big difference:)...its -4 here tonight so my chickens always get a hot water if the temp drops below -1...I kid you not :D

Ibblebibble

Visit site

genius idea Paddy Irish, there was me thinking of inventing a rug with little hotwater bottles sewn into it but i think you've beaten that idea:D

ausipaliboi

Visit site
I live in the tropics and it is currently 30 deg celcius and 89% humidity. However it is the 3rd of February and we are now in autumn yes? So I am thinking that perhaps I should at least put on my lined cotton canvas as with the way my boy is sweating, should the temperature suddenly drop, he will catch a chill?

I have checked the weather station and they are expecting a top of 30 deg (it is currently 9am). I figure that since it is so early in the day and we have already reached our supposed top temp that it will start dropping and he will get cold soon?

:D