So..does your horse have a song?

Mike007

Visit site
Bob the notacob has "I walk the line " by johnny Cash ,It sums up his hatred of dressage.The twisted sisters ,Betty and Florence are partial to "You dont own me" though whilst Florence is into the modern rap version ,Betty is definitely old school,Bet Middler ,Dianne Keaton.So ,Does your horse have a song.

rachk89

Visit site
Mine just seems to only like metal music. Really annoying as how stupid am I gonna look if I use that for a dressage test?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
No, sadly not!
My daughter went through a phase of giving every horse a little song. She came to work with me and at the time not really knowing their personalities just burst into a little song after asking basic details and saying hello (to assess temperament 😅 )
Some where spot on. It was hilarious

Haphazardhacker

Visit site
Mine doesn't have a song to sum her up but often I play music on my phone while im at the yard. Always play Midnight train to Georgia for some reason, when I am putting her to bed. Silly really but its our thing :).

Olly's crew

Visit site
Haha yes; Oliver likes 'Mr. Bombastic'. Poppet is either the James Bond theme or 'Mission impossible' and Mal used to be 'Rhinestone Cowboy' but since coming back into work needs, 'you spin me right round baby' :(

PollyP99

Visit site
Haha, my mare being a wuss the song I sing top of my voice in stressy situations is 'Brave', importantly the line "I wanna see you be brave", I also chant "I'm not a pheasant plucker , etc" when I'm feeling stressy, have surprised the odd dog walker with that one !

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Bob the notacob has "I walk the line " by johnny Cash ,It sums up his hatred of dressage.The twisted sisters ,Betty and Florence are partial to "You dont own me" though whilst Florence is into the modern rap version ,Betty is definitely old school,Bet Middler ,Dianne Keaton.So ,Does your horse have a song.

First mare Toto Africa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQbiNvZqaY because she was sold to someone who out of the blue sent her back to the riding school and i vowed then NOONE would take her away from me except mother nature. Toto was in the charts and these words stuck to me till this day

**It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do**

also
Tina Turner Simply the best

My late mare Sade Smooth Operator as that was her name sake *Diamond Light*
donkey was unchained melody

They are the only ones don't have

Last edited:

Greylegs

Visit site
I once worked out a dressage to music routine for my boy to music by The Wombles ... seemed to sort of suit him ....

Kezzabell2

Visit site
well my horse was named after a song, so I class that as his song!

He is called Telegram Sam, by T-Rex. I bought him 3 months after my nan died and when I found out he was named after a t-rex song, I realised that my nan must have sent me to find him as T-rex was her favorite band, she even had another t-rex song played at her funeral :)

Feival

Visit site
Winnie's would be 'Your never fully dressed without a smile' because she is NEVER uphappy, Buzz's would be The tigger song coz he is so bouncy!

Hepsibah

Visit site
Bess's theme song is the Black Beauty theme music because she is and I've been singing "Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do" to Daisy since before she stood up for the first time.

Great thread BTW.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
As we didn't know his name when he arrived and I refuse to use his passported name, he was named Mr Bojangles by my OH, fits brilliantly! He's Beau for short, a nod to my job.