So happy I could cry!!

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
Just had a lovely text from Axel's loaner, she is very nervous as her old horse was a git and bronked her off at every opportunity :(

She did a jumping competition on him and he was fab, and the other day boxed him up and went for a hack with her YO, Axey was brilliant and took the lead and loved it and gave her so much confidence, she said he's such a caring chap and really looks after her :) how cool is that!!

He was a lively sod to hack when I had him although has calmed down a lot as he's now 8, but seems to really look after his new mummy, even in the school when she loses her balance he stops. Such a sweet horse, I really miss him.

Brandy

Visit site
ah thats lovely, its so hard when you put a horse out on loan. I have had two not quite right homes for my pony and am beginning to despair!

Flash_28

Visit site
Glad that you have managed to find a lovely loan home for your guy but sorry that you are also missing him. Your horse has a great name by the way! My little guy would agree, he's another Axey :)

Flash_28

Visit site
Yay Axey's are the best!!

What is your one like?

They most def are! Not that I have a favourite out of my lot! ha ha :)

My little one is now 19 months old and I rescued him back in May. He's a little ISH and hoping he will make the 16hh mark even though he is only a diddy 13.1 at the moment! He also can't decide if he will go grey or stay as a bay roan so playing a bit of a guessing game with him :)

Think I have missed any previous posts about your guy, sorry. What is your little guy like?

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
He is an Arab x TB x Hanovarian 16.2 grey gelding. I've owned him since he was a yearling and backed him myself. He is a grumpy sod but I love him to bits!

It's quite funny as I would never have said he was suitable for a nervous novice at all, but he seems to have proved me wrong! The loaners boyfriend is an event rider and used to event for Ireland, he has worked in Germany with Dressage horses and is a very good rider indeed, they share him and he teaches Liz on him as well as riding him himself. Seems to be the best of both worlds, and I couldn't ask for nice people to have him.

This is him from last year

007.jpg

Flash_28

Visit site
He is lovely! I do have a massive liking for greys! He has such a pretty little face. You are lucky to have found him such a nice loan home. :)

I'm just wondering what made you call him Axel. I called my one Axel as I just kept on calling him Foaly all the time and he is know more as Foaly or Foalio than Axel so he is Axel Foaly really. Just wondering how you thought of the name for him.

This is my Axey.

037.jpg

043.jpg

Last edited:

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
I didn't call him Axel, he was named that already when I bought him. His registered name is Shotgun Blues, which is a Guns n Roses song, and of course the lead singer of GnR is Axl Rose!!
A girl that worked at the stud where he was bred was a massive fan!!

My little girl started calling him Axey and it stuck :)

Your boy is lovely too, do you think he will go grey? My Axey was born bay and was a similar colour to yours as a yearling.

Flash_28

Visit site
I didn't call him Axel, he was named that already when I bought him. His registered name is Shotgun Blues, which is a Guns n Roses song, and of course the lead singer of GnR is Axl Rose!!
A girl that worked at the stud where he was bred was a massive fan!!

My little girl started calling him Axey and it stuck :)

Your boy is lovely too, do you think he will go grey? My Axey was born bay and was a similar colour to yours as a yearling.

Ahhhhh yes! I forgot about Axl Rose!

Thank you :) I'm not sure what colour the boy will turn out to be! He was going very grey with the summer coat but now that he has the start of a winter coat is very bay with only the odd fleck of grey on his body but he has more white on his face. But then he has very dark grey legs and ears. He had a bald patch when I got him due to lice and that grew back dark grey in his summer coat. He also has the odd white spot on his body which some argue are teterarch spots and others say it is where he is greying out. It's confusing keeping up!