Pictures So I Finally Clipped ?

Scotsbadboy

Visit site
I bet he'll thank you for that :)
I'd personally have kept on with the clippers on those legs, mane and taken the bottom of the tail off as well but i like my cobs like that :)
I attempted to clip the new horse, he was terrified although we've worked on it well i am tempted to keep plugging away to avoid the spring shedding with hair everywhere!

Tarragon

Visit site
Looking very smart!
I am thinking of doing the same - but not all of it off as I don't want to start using rugs. When they have a thick winter coat it takes months to lose it and it is so easy to make them overheat with exercise.
Did you buy new blades for the task?

Green Bean

Visit site
Well done, he looks gorgeous with his new look. He must feel like a million bucks without all that hair! Love the feathers on, it accentuates his figure :)

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Love how you've left his feathers on, I think he'd look odd with bare legs and his long mane.

I did H today. I thought we were going to be in for one of THOSE days as he refused to allow me to put his sound muffling fly hat on (I HATE the things but last time used it for clipping in place of cotton wool as last time I used cotton wool he wouldn't let me take it out his ears!!)

He even let me do his legs, I wouldn't usually do these unless he's sedated for the dentist but tried. I then thought he was going to go round with his front legs half on, half off but fortunately he mostly cooperated after that. Whether he will deign to allow them to be done next time, who knows!!!

Hes head shy so I can only get half way up his neck. I last clipped him end of December and it was mostly cat hairs that had grown back/ his cushings fur on his tummy so he had to be done.

Screenshot_20210217-162804_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210217-162758_Gallery.jpg

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Looking very smart!
I am thinking of doing the same - but not all of it off as I don't want to start using rugs. When they have a thick winter coat it takes months to lose it and it is so easy to make them overheat with exercise.
Did you buy new blades for the task?
Yup new clipper blades and they struggled !

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Love how you've left his feathers on, I think he'd look odd with bare legs and his long mane.

I did H today. I thought we were going to be in for one of THOSE days as he refused to allow me to put his sound muffling fly hat on (I HATE the things but last time used it for clipping in place of cotton wool as last time I used cotton wool he wouldn't let me take it out his ears!!)

He even let me do his legs, I wouldn't usually do these unless he's sedated for the dentist but tried. I then thought he was going to go round with his front legs half on, half off but fortunately he mostly cooperated after that. Whether he will deign to allow them to be done next time, who knows!!!

Hes head shy so I can only get half way up his neck. I last clipped him end of December and it was mostly cat hairs that had grown back/ his cushings fur on his tummy so he had to be done.

View attachment 66053View attachment 66054
FANTASTIC!!!!

Surbie

Visit site
He looks fab without the fluff - totally get the need to avoid an itchy overhot cob-ball!!

(edit to remove dire pic of my own coblet's awful clip!)

Last edited:

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
He came in tonight covered in mud. It just flicked off. Usually it would have involved a tooth rake thingy and a hard dandy brush, and a LOT of work.... So chuffed !