So I own a Cob X TB, anyone else??

Lammy

Visit site
I’ve been wanting to know my geldings parentage forever. I bought him at 10 months old from someone who had purchased him from the breeder but was giving up, she couldn’t tell me much about him other than his mother was a TB and just gave me an email address. I tried the email but never got a reply.

Fast forward to today, I’ve been trying to find out more about his dam line but with no luck and randomly thought to look on Facebook. To my surprise his breeder now has a Facebook page! So after a couple of messages back and forth it’s worked out his dam was an unraced TB and his sire was one absolute unit of a gypsy cob! It certainly explains where all my boys hair comes from as he has a lot of it for something part TB!

I’d be interested to see what people think of dad, I have no real idea what a good cob should look like but he looks like a nice chap to me?
Also does anyone else out there have a Cob x TB? I’d be interested to see pics!

D3AF81AF-B05C-4A61-9465-6B948C52B9B1.jpegI think he stood around 14.3hh/15hh.

0E071CCF-ADC2-477F-88C4-A8D23282B49C.jpegI even have a family picture! Mum behind and Dad in the background.

363C999F-CA78-4DD7-8C1A-6E73FD5FF0FB.jpeg
And this is how my boy turned out. Think I got quite like lucky with that cross ?
Sorry for the picture overload!

littlenicky

Visit site
I have! Her sire is All that Jazz which looks very similar to your sire. Dam was a big 17hh racehorse. She is the best horse and I'm a big fan of the cross! I bred a beautiful filly from her last year and she's been a great mum. I have tons of photos but here's one in our eventing days. Excuse my face ?FB_IMG_1586420401897.jpg

Lammy

Visit site
He looks to have inherited the best of both parents, he's lovely.

Dad looks very nice and your mare equally so. Very nice type indeed.

Thank you both ? I have always thought he’s quite nicely put together just didn’t know where some parts came from ?

How lovely for you. The family photo is fantastic!

It’s so cute isn’t it! I don’t think many people get a picture with the dam, sire and foal in it!

Lammy

Visit site
Yes my mare (now sold) was by a big traditional gypsy cob (Thomas of Givendale) out of a x2 HOYS champion mare who was TB or TBx. Super mare, went to a fab home. She was (is) awesome :)

Oh she looks fantastic! I am secretly upset mine didn’t come out with some more white markings ?

I have! Her sire is All that Jazz which looks very similar to your sire. Dam was a big 17hh racehorse. She is the best horse and I'm a big fan of the cross! I bred a beautiful filly from her last year and she's been a great mum. I have tons of photos but here's one in our eventing days. Excuse my face ?

Stunning mare! Looks like it can be a very useful cross when it goes well! I certainly wouldn’t have suspected his dad to be quite that cobby though, the thoroughbred side has definitely balanced out some of the bulk ?

littlenicky

Visit site
Oh she looks fantastic! I am secretly upset mine didn’t come out with some more white markings ?

Stunning mare! Looks like it can be a very useful cross when it goes well! I certainly wouldn’t have suspected his dad to be quite that cobby though, the thoroughbred side has definitely balanced out some of the bulk ?

I guess you never know what's going to come out ? I put her to a TB as didn't know when the big chunky cob was going to come into it ?

Lammy

Visit site
I guess you never know what's going to come out ? I put her to a TB as didn't know when the big chunky cob was going to come into it ?

That’s true ? I’ve seen a few others and they’re definitely better looking when they are more TB than cob, but maybe that’s just me!

Mildlander

Visit site
I have a Comtois x TB - so not cob technically but on similar lines. I think I got the best bits of both she has the widest chest and forehead of any horse I've come across but is a narrower saddle fit and to ride than my ID, she also has the most lovely face and personality

8d57b725-7e32-4e78-9ab1-b290f4d03002.jpg