So i'm bored - rediculous things your horses have done

Its_A_Rollover

Visit site
I'll start:

Coblett managed to CLIMB into a porter cabin raised about 3 feet off the ground, get through a door - human sized and shaped - and eat his way through everyones feed supplies without said cabin collapsing (it was procariously balanced on spindly metal legs) and not colic - in porter cabin was also bag of unsoaked sugar beat!!! He was so big in the cabin that no one could get in to free him and had to scare him out - luckily he just reversed and managed to free himseld unharmed, how I will never know!!!!

he has so regularly taken himself on adventures and got himself into so much trouble that he was issued an "ASBO" by one of the girls at the yard!

Has your horse ever done silly things, Share
grin.gif
:

nobbster

Visit site
my horse decided he was borse and chucked my handbag at my ex hehehe well he had the right idea but he always chucks thing when he is bored!

Aniseed

Visit site
Aniseed jumped out of her field in the first year I got her and trundled off down the road to the next farm in the middle of the night. She jumped in with two geldings and when the owner came out in the morning they thought she had been dumped coz they couldn't figure out how she had got there. It was summer time and I was only going to see her once a day so I didn't even relaise she was missing until my Mum heard a report on the local radio station saying someone had found a horse of Aniseeds description. Little bugger probably thought it was hilarious! The yard owner caught her jumping the 5 bar gate at one point and also walking to the middle of a hedge with a 4ft drop on the other side and jumping it from a standstill. Thankfully it's a habit she grew out of!

tedster

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'll start:

Coblett managed to CLIMB into a porter cabin raised about 3 feet off the ground, get through a door - human sized and shaped - and eat his way through everyones feed supplies without said cabin collapsing (it was procariously balanced on spindly metal legs) and not colic - in porter cabin was also bag of unsoaked sugar beat!!! He was so big in the cabin that no one could get in to free him and had to scare him out - luckily he just reversed and managed to free himseld unharmed, how I will never know!!!!

he has so regularly taken himself on adventures and got himself into so much trouble that he was issued an "ASBO" by one of the girls at the yard!

grin.gif
:

[/ QUOTE ]

I wont forget that day in a hurry cob in a cabin!!

I got him out I banged loudly on the sides... he shot out like a cork out of a bottle
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

nobbster

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll start:

grin.gif
:

[/ QUOTE ]

I wont forget that day in a hurry cob in a cabin!!

I got him out I banged loudly on the sides... he shot out like a cork out of a bottle
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha too funny

Its_A_Rollover

Visit site
Aniseed - My horse who decides jumping a 3 foot SJ course is just toooo scary has also popped a 4 foot fence from stand still - isnt it amazing what they can do on their terms? :p

MontyandZoom

Visit site
Teehee.....naughty coblet! Mine haven't really done anything particularly silly. Monty is very good at getting his rug off with all the straps done up when he is bored.

He also maimed my car once......but that was less ridiculous, more evil and wicked! He was eating his dinner and decided that I wasn't paying enough attention to him. He broke the bailer twine, ran backwards to where my car was parked spooking at his own legs, then kicked out and destroyed one of my headlights. My boyfriend actually sent me to sit in the car since he was worried I might kill Monty!

Its_A_Rollover

Visit site
MontyandZoom - oh god! well if he was spooked by his own legs... they can be scary things when you dont expect them to knock into things! - maybe not so evil as a bit of an OTT reaction!!!!? Typical TB?!!!

At my old yard we had telegraph poles laid on their side built into tie up spaces. Coblett managed to clamber over one to reach the bush on the other side and got both legs stuck in a sort of rearing position - luckily he didnt panicked just called pathetically untill me and another girl on the yard freed him!

lauraandjack

Visit site
One of the youngsters that shares a field with Jack has recently developed a ridiculous way of rolling.

He puts the flat of his face down on the floor and rubs his forehead a bit, before practically doing a somersault to get down and roll properly. Very funny to watch!

trundle

Visit site
The Moose once decided she was afraid of the dustbin lorry, and tried to hide behind me. It was quite sweet, but she is 16.3h of solid ISH, and I am only 5 ft, so there wasnt much protecting going on !

tedster

Visit site
dont forget what Rolo did to the grazing muzzle

how long did it last??? Less than a day. Totally distroyed it
smile.gif

K27

Visit site
My boy who has a very large sense of humour and loves water, escaped from field when he was a 4 yr old, jumped over post and rail fencing into the yard owners garden where they had a very large well stocked ornamental pond complete with ducks and Koi Carp and an island in the middle where the ducks lived- I was told to come and have a look at my horse and there he was in the pond wading up to his belly chasing the ducks away from their island and no doubt squashing the fish!! very embarrassing but funny, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! he has since done lots of silly things since then that it's impossible to remember them all!

MontyandZoom

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The Moose once decided she was afraid of the dustbin lorry, and tried to hide behind me. It was quite sweet, but she is 16.3h of solid ISH, and I am only 5 ft, so there wasnt much protecting going on !

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha! Monty hides behind me when the wind picks up and spooks him. He's so pathetic. It is so scary having 17hh of hot-blooded tb trying to climb on your shoulders.

RhiannonE

Visit site
My old horse walked into an electric fence one day and scared himself stupid!
We were coming back from a hack and he started doing half passes on his own accord, I noticed we were walking into the fence! Ignoring my leg, whip and general shouting he walked right into it, shocked us both and then all 16.3hh of stupid ISH leaped in to the air and proceeded to spin round and round and round until i fell off!!!!

Hippona

Visit site
Last winter I had an old t/o rug on top of horsies combo turn-out if that makes sense...it had one leg strap missing, didn't think that would be too much of a problem.

Noticed said horse had somehow managed to wiggle the entire rug forwards over his head, still had the under-neath t/o rug on...was walking backwards with his head on the floor wiggling his head until the rug slipped over his head and dropped off onto a pile on the floor. Then he wandered off without a care in the world. If I hadnt seen it, I wouldnt have believed it.

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
Where do i start with Hovis?
He throws things with amazing accuracy, can get under his stable chain (he's 16.2HH and built like an outhouse) and plays football with the yard dog.
He has been known to get barrels stuck on his head from putting his face in them to examine them.
When its cold and i break the ice in the drinking trough with my foot he has more than once put his foot in with me to "help".
Has tried to get into the YMs mothers caravan.
Has untied himself and loaded onto someone elses lorry.
Will play with sticks like a dog if bored.
Will steal anyting from gloves to coats, wheel barrows to head collar boxes and muck forks to ragwort forks if you don't watch him (if he steals them in the field he runs off with the aforementioned item like a naughty child).
If you leave tea anywhere near him he'll drink it - loudly

As you might of guessed hes just a bit "special"

Aoibhin

www.Emmaevans.barefootbooks.com
Ra has no respect for fencing, eletric or otherwise & when we teathered him he just kept pulling till it gave way (stupid cob!) OK to deal with it we started to hobble him, so imagine the shock we had 3 weeks into the hobble wearing to find him 2 miles from home kangerooing up the road towards us!!

front legs doing a lovley balanced canter & the hobbled rear legs hopping along behind
shocked.gif

we how have to teather him as well as the hobbles!

lexiedhb

Visit site
Old TB never got the hang of a bounce fence, always tried to jump it as one, with obvious disasterous consequences!

he also used to escape from his stable and wait by the field gate (his field) to be let in in the morning--- bit of a shock when his stable is empty, and he's no where to be found on the yard!

Stallion I knew used to like being close to you when you micked out and would grab a bit of your jumoer and floow you round---- fine unless you were wearing a T-shirt!

BobbyMondeo

Visit site
The horse i used to loan a big fat hairy coblet called Ben (16hh and built like a tank) once decided he had enough of schooling and went though a gap in our arena fence, down 5 steps of decking and out onto the yard! Gave everyone a shock and a right good laugh!

somethingorother

Visit site
I think most of mine come from my old loan fell pony, who i only actually managed to put up with for a few months. He was 'rescued' from the gypsies as a foal, and did not seem to possess a single brain cell.

MY friend was having a lesson on him in the arena, and as she tried to turn him for the corner he carried on straight out of the arena... via a fence. He also broke the fence on the other side by trying to reverse out. YO not pleased with us.

His most frustrating but amusing episode was when we were mucking out in winter. It took 2 of us, as one had to watch him whilst tied outside, he kept rolling on the concrete (no, not colic- just a plonker) or snapping the twine and legging it. So after an hour or more of this, i left my friend to watch him and got on with mucking out only to hear her screaming for me to come quick. I went outside to see him dangling from one foreleg over the single bar he was tied to, about 3 feet off the ground. He had reared, landed on it and then stood there looking confused whilst the pair of us tried to free the fat buggar. It took some doing, But he eventually decided to help us out a bit by doing a mini rear whilst we pulled his leg over. Idiotic pony.

Hemirjtm

Visit site
Mine got out of his stable and jumped into his field (not inot the field with the others, just into his! lol!!
tongue.gif
Both the latches on his gate were closed, but if he opens the top one, he can kick the bottom one out!!

I have also seen him jump out of his field, into the middle one, then back into his one
tongue.gif
he just trots up to 4ft fence pops it and then does the same the other side
tongue.gif
LOL!!

Chestnuttymare

www.ipcmedia.com
Mine jumped a 5'4 (1.60m) electric fence to get to another part of the field to roll in a puddle.
Also jumped out of field and waited by her stable as it was past her bedtime and she wanted her dinner.

_Rach_

www.rhpeventing.weebly.com
These are so funny :p the horse wading in the 'pond' barrels on heads, millie doesnt really do anything to funny, she does tend to spot some horses and fall in love with them at show and winnys to them all the time, mums horse doesnt like the smell of perfume and clean clothes, and pulls faces!!! odd horse
xx