so... im in hospital!

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
Feeling very fed up as im in hospital after a nasty fall yesterday. I was meant to be team chasing Sunday and hadnt jumped my horse all week so i put up a course and all was going well until we couldnt find a stride in to a fence. i asked for a long which he usually does , but he just took off uncoordinated and got tangled in the pole :( jump cups were deep and the pole didnt come away easily he twisted in the air, fell over and landed on me. He squashed my leg and lower body but my foot got most of the force!i jumped up to check Finn but quickly fell over as my foot killed. Luckily he seems ok but i took my bootoff to reveal a big split wound where it had been crushed and it had a huge swollen lump with black toes! Yard now looks like a murder scene from the blood, i was taken away in an ambulance. The first response, ambulance and a helicopter turned up! X rays inconclusive but suspected multiple fractures, possible bone chips and ligament and artery problems. Have a CT scan today . Pointlessvpost really but i am a bit bored lying here. If i can i will upload a nicd gorey photo!

Bernster

Visit site
Oh yikes that's grim. Poor you. I hope they have you nicely doped up so you feel fuzzy and pain free! Hope you recover soon.

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
Thanks everyone, i wouldnt get in the ambulance until i had seen my horse walk up and down! So unexpected, had him nearly 3 years and done all manner of crazy things without either of us getting injured. Hes just such an honest horse and stood by me even when my friends horse legged it . Drs think possible nerve damage and i might need surgery :( turns out im not invincible after all !

_GG_

Visit site
If someone took a picture of my face as I read that OP, it would turn milk sour I was wincing so much. OUCHY!!!

I really hope it turns out not to be as bad as they think, but that sounds like a pretty traumatic injury, so I'm very glad that you are being well looked after and that your boy is ok.

Now....what can the HHO Massive do to help your time in there be less boring? :)

Ceriann

Visit site
Sounds nasty and hope you get good news re recovery. I spent 10 weeks off work over winter - broke my hip after a riding fall. Time goes very quickly and things heal so allow yourself to get better. I spent a lot of time on hho and recommend the wire as a box set!

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
Thanks for all your messages, making me feel much better! Just had CT scan so fingers (but definitely not toes!) all crossed i wont need surgery as im being starved! I will deffo be needing a good box set. The staff think im crazy because all i talk about is the horse !

soulfull

Visit site
Oh no So sorry to hear that. I so feel for your I smashed up my ankle a few years ago.
I hope you heal fast and well.
Hugs x x

Tobiano

Visit site
oh no, poor you HoofPrints - that sounds horrible. So glad your horse is ok though, as it sounded a nasty accident. Really hope they can get you fixed and pain free very soon. Hugs x x

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Ooh, that sounds horrible! I hope there's nothing awful going on in the foot and that you're not stuck in hospital too long. If they come to change dressings, definitely get pictures! If anyone took pictures before anything was done to it, make sure you get those too! Oh dear, I sound nasty, I'm just fascinated. I hope you're back up and running very soon. Take all the pills they give you.

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
Will put photos up later when on the laptop ! Had some taken when i came out the ambulance. Sat waiting for surgery now :(