So, it seems I lied....

Cowpony

Visit site
Last week I posted in the C&T thread on weekend plans that I was off on holiday, planned to eat and drink a lot, and do nothing equine related whatsoever.

So....the next day I flew to Rome with the family. We did the usual sightseeing stuff, then started noticing the advertisements on the busses for the Longines Global Champions Tour, which was on while we were there. I ....um.....may just have "happened" to find myself on the website, just to check out how much the tickets would have been if I'd known about it and got organised in advance. OMG........ "Entrance free for spectators" ! :eek3: So, a swift rearrangement of the sightseeing itinerary, family bribed with a trip to the beach, and Friday saw us sitting in the most fabulous venue watching all the big stars in a half empty stadium! :D Definitely the highlight of the holiday.

If anybody else is going on holiday and is in a venue where the tour is on, it's worth checking, because Rome wasn't the only place with free entry :)

Cowpony

Visit site
I was talking to a SJ coach recently, and it seems that a lot of the continental events are much cheaper than the UK, including racing.

ponymum

Visit site
Wow.... That's fantastic. The London tickets seemed quite expensive..

Fiona

Really? I went with my daughter and we went for the "expensive" option of covered grandstand seating for £20 each. I'm glad we did as it was scorching hot sun. There were tickets with seating available in an open stand for £6 - not what I'd call expensive for watching the bigs stars do their stuff.

HashRouge

Visit site
Sounds fab OP! I wandered into a Nations Cup for free when I was living in Lisbon...it was being held in the grass arena of the RS I rode at (huge equestrian centre) and spectating was free there too. It was awesome!

Fiona

Visit site
Really? I went with my daughter and we went for the "expensive" option of covered grandstand seating for £20 each. I'm glad we did as it was scorching hot sun. There were tickets with seating available in an open stand for £6 - not what I'd call expensive for watching the bigs stars do their stuff.

On the link I followed, seats for the Saturday were about £35 each, though other days were cheaper.....

Fiona