So nervous!! Fingers crossed please!

Hannahgb

Visit site
My rising 6 year old is at the vets today waiting for his op on his hind suspensories. I know it is a routine procedure but I feel so sick with nerves.

The fact I lost my 12 year old 2 weeks ago isn't helping, he was my horse of a life time and my complete rock. I also lost my golden oldie 5 months ago.

Last night was the first time in 12 years that I didn't have a horse to look after. I don't know what non-horsey people do with their evenings?!

So need everything crossed that things go smoothly today. The op is at 11 and I cant stop clock watching at work!

wills_91

Visit site
Best of luck. One of mine had an op in September and 2 weeks later my other had GA for an mri scan. Its nerve wrackimg. Just remember no news is good news. Hope everything goes okay x

Gusbear

Was Richmond, Surrey now a mountain forest in Oz.
Visit site
Good luck with everything. I remember when my boy went for a hobday and tie back a few years ago. Vet said don't worry. I didn't sleep, had to take day off work due to being in such a nervous state and was on the phone to the vet when I knew he was scheduled to come out of surgery.
Bless them they were lovely and knew I was the overprotective horse owner that was about to have a nervous breakdown.
Horse was fine, vet was very sympathetic and all was good. I went through a similar thing years earlier with my former horse that had a similar op.
You worry about the what ifs and fabricate all sorts of nasty eventualities. It's normal to be worried.
Fingers crossed all goes well and your four legged but woozie post op patient recovers well.
Sending you hugs ❤️

cblover

Visit site
Bless you, I can totally understand how you feel. I'm keeping everything crossed for you. Best of luck, think positive. X

Hannahgb

Visit site
Hes up and standing- If a bit wobbly!! Vet has said he will phone again in a few hours when he is fully awake. Can breathe again!

ebonyallen

Visit site
This is lovely to read, my thoughts were with you when saw your post as I know how I would fee if it was any of mine. Hope all continues to go well for him. keep us updated on his progress xx