So.....now I have a new pony....what to do next?

benson21

Visit site
Our new pony (who by the way, is absolutely gorgeous, well behaved, cuddly, very good boy....enough now Diane!:rolleyes:) is now at his new stables, and my OH has decided he would like to try some in hand showing.
Donovan is a 12.3hh sec C welsh.
So, question one is what classes could he be entered in, and question 2 is what should my OH wear? I can find lots of advice what a female should be wearing, but not a male.
Can I go back to gushing about my pony now?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

benson21

Visit site
I need no encouragement!;);)
Brought the little man in from the field tonight, he was the only one in his paddock, and as soon as he saw me walking up the road to get him he came cantering over.
He had a nice new rug on today as it was supposed to rain hard, and it is now caked in mud! I think I have a mud monster!:eek:
Put him in the stable, and he started to nibble at his straw bed, which obviously I dont want him to do. So I grumbled at him for doing it, but he continued. So I grumbled a bit louder, and he went and stood at the back of his stable with his head in the corner, having a proper sulk!!! Now, I know I am the worst sulker, always have been, but I think I might have competition now!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Had to go over to him after about 10 minutes and give him a pat(and obviously tell him I lurve him!) before he would come out of the corner!
Not too sure how 2 sulkers are gonna mix!;):D;):D;):D

jewel

Visit site
you o/h should wear trousers the opposite colour of your ponies legs i.e white legs dark trouser, dark legs light trousers. shirt and tie some where waistcoat and some good running shoes with grip alot wear trousers. as for classes welsh c, mixed large breed classes.
p.s really pleased you have got a new pony

benson21

Visit site
Definately not something I am intending. The previous owners have told me he was having cool mix, chaff and sugar beet twice a day, plus hay, and obviously grass in the field.
I have already taken out the beet, and one feed as I am worried he will get podgy, now we see how it goes.

benson21

Visit site
DSC00029.jpg

Jumping up and down in my chair cos I have finally put a picture on!!!!

benson21

Visit site
He is by Carrwood Orpheus, and his Dam is Corkhills Cleo. Never been involved in the breeding side, is that what you mean by his breeding?

Queenbee87

Visit site
He is absolutely stunning (I know I said that on your original post but had to say it again!) I want him!! Although would feel bad stealing him from you after all you've been through-you deserve a gorgeous mud monster pony :D

pastie2

Visit site
Having looked at his breeding, I can asure you he is a B. Lovely breeding too, going back to Solway Master Bronze Twice. So a bit of TB in there aswell!! Section Bs started off as a type, so a mixture to get a finer riding pony for children without to much blood.

jewel

Visit site
your o/h will need to wear different if he is a section B and not a C. tweed jacket and flat cap is what i've seen showing B's. nice pony