So pleased with Nell today :)

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I sat on Nell in the school with a saddle for the first time today! I am so pleased, I tried not to think about it too much otherwise I may have started to panic! I have only sat on Nell bareback while in the barn eating hay, but today with help from my friend after a very brief lunge I got on properly with a saddle in the school.
At first I lent over and my friend walked me around on her, then I decided to go for it and sit up, only did literally about 5 steps but it was a big mental hurdle for me, I am not 15 any more and have no backed a horse for many many years! I am so proud of her, she was excellent, and I am a bit proud of me for doing it too :)
As some of you may know I have been doing things very slowly with Nell(was a bit unsure of her age at one point) and almost 1 year on from owning her I am finally at backing point :)
So anyway, we have been doing things very slowly and getting to know one another and today was excellent, I am sure we have plenty ahead but its all small steps which helps to keep my confidence going and hers, so hopefully this coming year we may enjoy some lovely gentle hacks out in the summer. Have rambled on quite enough, here's a couple of pictures :D

031-6_zps68e8a119.jpg

030-5_zps8679d936.jpg

TrasaM

Visit site
Well done! You thoroughly deserve to be pleased with yourself. I rode my share cob today and he was a complete angel so I know what it's like when you see a reward for your efforts :)

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
That is brlliant!

I remember the wobbles when you weren't sure she was the right horse for you, so it's lovely to see you both getting on so well. She is a little star and well done you!

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Thanks everyone, i am just so pleased, think it was a mental hurdle for us both, she was a good girl, we had treats and she was happy to do whatever with food involved lol!

Nell is 3 DD, not sure exactly on the months, I think she is about 3&1/2, her teeth suggest this age, passport says she is 4 on 1st March but I think it's a duff date, I reckon she was a later foal than March.

It has been a rocky road at times as some of you will know but I really hope we have a long and happy partnership ahead, she certainly has come on so much since I got her

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Thanks everyone, yes I am so chuffed, she is a good girl on the whole. She is a very clever and cheeky young mare but she picks things up so quickly. I am HH, I expect in truth any new horsey relationship could well have been tough after Seren, dealing with a youngster can certainly test your confidence, but as we have done tiny steps over a long period I think it has given us both time to adjust and we seem to be doing ok, will keep you all posted :) x