So proud of my homebred at SSGB

Navalgem

www.addienasporthorses.com
After numerous transport problem, (my wagon brakes failing and not being able to find a hire or lift) I was rescued at the 11th hour literally on Saturday morning by Vicky who dropped everything to take us. By the time we left Lancashire snow had already covered the roads and it only got worse on the way down. After 7 long hours we finally arrived and though he's never been away from home before he settled down really well.

We were first in and all he wanted to do was roll! At least he provided some early-morning amusement for the crowd who had braved the weather to attend. I couldn't have asked for more of him, he was bold and brave going down the lane and seemed to really enjoy himself. He was best 3yo which I was elated with, and finished an incredible overall 4th with 150/200 points or 75%. I had tears in my eyes as he left the ring, I am just so so proud of him. It made the trip from hell worthwhile! I found it to be a great atmosphere and everyone was very helpful and welcoming, will certainly be a diary date for me in future, though hopefully it won't be as 'exciting' organising it as this year!

pics thanks to Jane Whitton! (Star!)

dantsloosejumping.jpg

danteloosejumpinglanding.jpg

Renkum Offender won with the superb Balou Phin coming 2nd and Renkum Bombadier (incredible pony!) coming 3rd and Flawless 5th. Great turnout and extremely well run (especially Shirley who did an awful lot of running! ;) ) Very well done to all who entered and many thanks to the organisers for putting it on!

eventrider23

Visit site
He looked exactly what he is - CLASS!!!!! Well worth the placing and I couldn't have agreed more with the final line up! (REALLY wanted to take Balou Phin home - as did several others!)

tigers_eye

Visit site
Congratulations Navalgem, your horse looks smashing. How is he bred? Might be getting users mixed up here but was it you that had the grey colt that did really well at Tweseldown several years ago in the YH classes?

Navalgem

Magic - Thank you and I couldn't agree more about Balou Phin.

Tigers_eye Thank you, he's by Coriano Z out of a KWPN mare by Lupicor. His pedigree is here: http://www.horsetelex.com/pedigree.php?horseid=514854&maxniveau=5 I think you've mixed me up with someone but it's nice to be mixed up with someone who has had a horse do well! :D Baydale bought CVS Spellbound from me but he was bred by Bezique.

Thanks Christine. I really am, was wonderful to see him do so well!

eventrider23

Visit site
Tigers_Eye I think you may be thinking of no_no_nanette whose youngster by Caretino Glory won the Tweseldown YEH yearling Champs a few years ago.

Navalgem

That could well be it eventrider23, although I think they had a different username back then maybe?

Lovely breeding Navalgem, have you sat on him yet?

Not sat on him yet as I think he's a bit immature and he's not 3 until end of May. Will probably back him in Autumn. I can't wait - though I might need some velcro pants to jump him! :D

weston

Visit site
Hi
So you should be proud, I am afraid I was unable to attend, I was in hospital, but my daughter Anna Beck told me how athletic he was.
He is the sort of horse I really like, full of quality and modern, I think you have an exciting time ahead.
I went a different way with Zip Phin, due to the fact that De Radstake stud in Holland asked for first refusal on a colt from our mare we sent him to Holland for them to prepare for the KWPN grading.
I was taken by surprise by the fact that most of the colts submitted looked like 6 year olds and Zip Phin looked a typical 2.5 year.
Zip Phin went through all the grading stages, competing at the finals with a select few, he had high marks for his jumping, ended up with his picture in a Dutch horse magazine and comments from the judges that he "was like a rubber ball" but not mature enough. The head of the stud told me not to worry because all the colts were produced for the grading and not for the future. He also explained that in Holland they cannot afford to give a horse more time if needed.
I look forward to seeing him in the flesh :)
Gerda

Navalgem

Hi Gerda,

Thank you for your kind comments. He's not yet graded anywhere, I'm unsure as to whether to take him yet with him being so immature and I wouldn't want that to be a reason for him to attend and fail. I've tried to be very careful with him as I want him as a future horse and didn't want to overproduce him and strain his young joints as there's not much of him. His video is here (including a comedy roll and a mistake!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4pnVh_40q8&feature=bf_prev&list=UUT_POJ64nuKfmwghfmTs9NA&lf=plcp

It must have been wonderful to have Zip Phin achieve such good results and be featured in a magazine! I hope my boy can do the same but I'll be happy with a license!

Balou Phin really stole the show for me in the loose jumping, she was just spectacular and a total joy to watch! I hope I'll see her again in the age classes later this year.

Claire

Sugar House

New User
Visit site
Really lovely, She stood out for me. I had to post a video on Facebook page!. Well done to all involved. Bet the trip home was a smiley and slightly less stressful than your journey to get there! :):)