So proud of my little Poppy Puppy

Rana

Visit site
I don't post much in here so I hope you'll forgive a gratuitous self-congratulatory post :D

Poppy is a black and tan JRT x something (we were told Yorkie but I can't see it, looks more Chihuahua or Mini-Pinscher to me, but I know nothing :D ), and she's nearly 5 months old now.

She went to puppy school when she was 11 weeks old, and passed with flying colours. Then we started an Improvers Class 6 weeks ago. It was the final one last night, which was a mini fun competition.

Poppy was in the final for Musical Lie Down (beaten by a fraction of a second) and she won the obstacle course by 11 seconds! The obstacle course was weaving poles, a tunnel, slalom cones where she had to sit at certain points, and then a target to touch.

She has also been invited to join the groups Trick Display Team so she will be doing her first public demonstration in September. Her party piece is:

Left Spin
Right Spin
Double Right Spin
Double Left Spin
Sit-and-Paw

All done at 100mph as she does everything else. She thinks tricks are great fun and can't wait to try her paw at Agility when she's old enough (on a waiting list already!).

Some pics from FB (sorry, can't get into Photobucket at the mo):

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=23031&id=100000168674749&saved

Sorry, I'll shut up now :D Just wanted to share as I'm so proud of her :D

mollichop

Visit site
What a sweetie! I agree more like a mini Pinscher, she's gorgeous :)

Wow, sounds like she's top of the class already. It's great that you're enjoying her training as much as she is.

Thanks for posting, can understand why you're a proud mummy.

Also, love the idea of musical lie-downs! :D

Rana

Visit site
Thanks all :)

Training her has been great fun and so rewarding as she's such a quick learner. She trains us too though, she's got us wrapped round her little paw. She's not spoilt at all you know :rolleyes: I mean she doesn't sleep under the duvet or anything.... :eek:

The ears means she can hear commands better ;) Or perhaps I should say that they give her more opportunity to hear us and ignore what we're saying! Thank god for the squeaky toy back up plan.... :D

copper100

Visit site
Hi Rana,

Looking at your pictures of Poppy i'm 90% sure you have a Lanchashire Heeler, 'google' that name and you'll find out more.

I had one for 8 years and they are a fantastic breed, let me know if you need more info.

Rana

Visit site
Thanks blazingsaddles :) We now have another demo in October. And of course, in typical Poppy fashion, she is now refusing to demonstrate her trick to anyone. She knows she finishes with a "sit-and-paw" so that's all she'll do lol. So we're leaving it along for a few days, then I'll start practising again and hopefully she won't start anticipating. It's as bad as horses with dressage tests!

copper100, that's interesting as I did wonder if she might have some Lancashire Heeler in her, because of the colouring. She does look quite similar, just slightly finer in build. That said, we know both of her parents - Dad is a pure bred long legged Jack Russell. Mum is a small black and tan dog (Poppy is the spitting image of her), with a small head and a long back. Both are very short haired (as is Pops). I think I'll give up worrying about it :D She's cute as she is :D