so proud of my mare today

landyandy

Visit site
The tour de Yorkshire as just passed through the village where I keep my mare, so I decided to tack her up and let her see it too, she behaved impeccably, wasn't phased by all the cheering and horns sounding, pointless post really, but just makes me realise how wonderful she is.

Last edited:

hypopit

Visit site
Makes you feel great I bet, what a lovely mare.

I took my 22 month old Colt out to watch the Tractor rally at the end of my drive. Forty five tractors passed by us, one after the other, of all ages, shapes and sizes. Some had balloons all tied to them, and flags, some had kids sat in the buckets at the front, some were old noisy Fergies and some where the really modern HUGE wheeled ones. He looked worried but I stroked his neck and spoke to him and apart from one little dance he stood there like a rock the whole time, all on our own...I was so proud of him, and I felt really lucky to have had it going past our Farm, it's not often you get that chance to traffic proof a youngster.

hypopit

Visit site
Do you know, he doesn't have a laid back temperament at all, far from it. But I have been doing loads with him with bomb proofing , I think that is why. I have been leading him out on the roads in hand for a good few weeks now, and he is quiet a hot head in general but he improves all the time.
We have met a few tractors and he will stand up but he could be a bit jumpy (not turn himself inside out), but he is getting better. I think it was because he was near to home with the tractor rally, that helped, and he really does KNOW what stand means!!!! and I was so calm and relaxed with him that he just trusted me. I think the sheer amount of them helped too, bamboozeled him, but in a good way. i was so chuffed with him, he got a polo that day! I had him out yesterday and we met a massive forestry digger machine and he just stood to the side with me, so it really did help the other day, it is amazing how babies learn and keep it in there. I wish they came past every week, not once a year.