So that's why there were fresh skid marks in the field this morning...

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Lots of skid marks, and lots of droppings down near the stables in an area where they rarely poo. Just what the wonky mare who has recovered from a major pelvic injury doesn't need to be doing, let alone the other 2 :rolleyes:.

The 3 neds were fairly calm this morning when I brought them in for breakfast, but the evidence was there that summat had been up beforehand.

When walking the fields for poo picking a short later I found this crashlanded in their paddock :mad:. It's s0dding huge, about a metre across. That would upset the steadiest of neddies if drifting over and bouncing along the ground in their supposedly safe space.

224ADEE1-D2CC-49FC-91C0-6A795D97CB0E.jpeg

No identifying message left on it - if there had been I'd have probably returned it to the former keeper and told them where they could shove it.

asmp

Visit site
I was once on a check point in the middle of nowhere at a sponsored ride and could see this thing bobbing about in the distance. It eventually drifted ovee to us and turned out to be a Minion balloon - we took it home!

I think one of ours would freak at a balloon in the field and the other one would stomp on it ?

Ratface

Visit site
I hate them with a passion. Educating Joe and Josephine Public via the national press might reduce their sale and use.
Perhaps if anyone who has had balloon-related negative/harmful equine/livestock experiences got hold of a tabloid journalist they could have a go at making a crusade out of it?

NightStock

Visit site
That is not a nice thing to find, glad they appear to be ok.

I hate the blooming things but used to tie them up jn my horses stables when I found them and non of them gave a toss eventually
This is a great idea, I think I may buy one and tie it (securely) to a feed in the field as have always worried what could happen.

eggs

Visit site
My two year old had a good go at killing himself some years ago when one landed in his field and he then got the string caught in his teeth and galloped around in a panic jumping out of his field. Fortunately the balloon snagged on a bush as he shot past and broke free of the string. Hate the flipping things along with Chinese lanterns