So these wood pellets???

lensmith7

Visit site
As I've said before, Josie is going for an op on her suspensory lig, this week I think.

I will deep litter her when she gets home.

Now I've looked into these wood pellets, but I can only seem to buy them in bulk? Does anyone where I can just get 1 or 2 bags of them? I only need them for a wee absorbing base, I'll put straw on top.

I'm in essex, near ingetstone saddlery
Thankies
x x x

Chico Mio

Antedeluvian
Visit site
They come in 14kg bags I think (do here). You will need AT LEAST 8 bags to deep litter a 3m x 3m (12ft x 12ft) stable and it will look really skimpy. If you're using straw as well should be fine (I put in 13 bags, but my stables are on the big side and I use no straw) The bags look tiny - like a big bag of cat food but don't worry. Try pet shops they are also used for rabbit bedding and cat litter, may cost more tho. Good Luck, I think they're fab!

fairyclare

Visit site
I buy bags of wood pellets from pets at home, i think they ar £8 for a 20kg sack.

Lia is on bed down excel, i just put a cup full down under her bed (just in the wee spots) and it makes a bale last a lot longer, i do tend not to deep litter as she is so clean.

I get mine at the Pets at Home at the Chelmer retail park, Chelmsford
smile.gif

lensmith7

Visit site
Ah I didn't think of pets at home. To be fair, looking at her bed, I should only need to put it down on one side, as she only wees in one spot, in the back corner under her bank. I'll pop to pets at home then, thanks x x

cazzr

Visit site
Aquamax or natures best should be available at a local feed store, they seem to be in most nowadays and are about 5.50-6.50 each bag 13.6kgs.

I put 3 bags into an empty stable with rubber mats and it gave me a decent enough minimal bed for my very wet mare.
It would certainly be enough for under a straw bed.

Spyda

Visit site
Where abouts are you? I get mine delivered locally. Free delivery for 10+ bags. As you need at least 8 bags to start a stable, the free delivery amount suited me just fine. Then I'd order 10 per month or so, and continue getting the free delivery. The bags are fairly small to store, and are waterproof so can be safely kept outside if space is an issue.

However, if you're not in my area.....