So what did you do with your horses today?

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com

I clocked out early from work at 2pm and went for a lovely 2 hour hack though the woods on Bodey, just me and him. It was utter bliss, the woods smelt all damp and spring-like.
grin.gif

Badger had the day off.

So did you ride?

Sprout

www.horse-riding-world.com
Your ride sounded wonderful, I am very envious.
smile.gif

Sadly, I havent done anything with my three as I cant ride at the moment - great timing with a new pony I am itching to get to know!!!!
frown.gif

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
erm... so far I turned them out and brought them back in!
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Maybe if the rain stops I may hack out later on though
smile.gif

Kate x

golddustsara

Visit site
Sounds lovely! I lunged Pad for a bit then got my eventer friend to have a little jump play on him as I am a wet fish over 3ft! Was really nice to watch someone else jump him as I've never seen him jump before since I've been the one on him! Then a hose down, lots of cuddles, carrots then the joys of poo picking whilst little NF tried to knock my barrow over
mad.gif
Back to work tomorrow sigh!

kellyeaton

Visit site
i lunged mine before i turned him out this morning was going to take him for a walk before he went to bed but it is to windy and cold!

miss_c

Visit site
I went out on a lovely hack with my friend. We did the small block (which takes about 40 mins), but came back via our fields, so had a good canter and a great time, before realising we couldn't get out of them at the 'home' end, as new padlocks had been put on requiring keys instead of being combination locks! So we went back the way we had come in and back up the bridlepath to home. All in all about 2 hours. Baby one was very good and LOVED it. For the first time ever she stood still for gates, and we ended up opening or shutting about 5 of them in the end (one of us would open, the other would shut). My friend then DROPPED the chain and padlock, so we did some picking things up from the ground without getting up (with the help of my whip!). Also went through ditches and over humps of earth. Great time!
laugh.gif

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
Axel had physio yesterday and needs 2 days off so I went and had a ride on my friends new horse and went for lunch, when we came back my other friend was there riding so I had a quick ride on her horse too!

I can't think the last time I rode another horse except Axey and I was a little bit nervous to start with but I really enjoyed it after a few seconds!

Can't wait to ride my own lovely horse now!

spike123

Visit site
I tried Candyman in a new bit today.A myler comfort ported one and lets just say thank god I rode in the school. He managed to bugger off with me lol. I worked on his schooling getting him to bend around my leg,loads of serpentines and changes of rein and circles.He did go quite nicely for me apart from a lack of brakes lol.

Hels_Bels

Visit site
I went for a walk across the moors
smile.gif
, I say walk but it was more of a gallop
mad.gif
with spooking here and there
smirk.gif
, We have really high winds atm and every tree that rustled, well you no they were going to leap out and grab her
wink.gif
. And god forbid the cows i thought she was going to have a heart attack.
smirk.gif

So much for a gentle walk

jess_asterix

Visit site
put them in the field this morning bought them in at 12, went on walker for 1 hour and have just given them some tea.

Its raining and i have exams so couldn't ride tonight
frown.gif

rara007

Visit site
Nothing
mad.gif
Not home tonight, left at 7.15am. I regret not getting up really early to ride, my alarm didn't wake me
tongue.gif

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
The Back Man came today. It's his first visit, so was doubly interesting to see him in action. Neds all seemed to like him. Dizz needed a lot of work
blush.gif
. He was very thorough.

Mucked out. Poo picked. Re-rugged as the weather doesn't know whether it's coming or going
frown.gif

Tomorrow it's the dentist... the horsey one, I can't afford to go
blush.gif

Hanz

Visit site
I lunged scribbles, spent ages getting poles out for him - horse sees poles and thinks he is jumping like the other day so wouldnt settle, ended up not using them
mad.gif

He's coming on lovely with the side reins though, over the past few weeks he's really filled out and starting to look like a handsome chap.
smile.gif

toomanyhorses26

Visit site
we did some free schooling to try and get the ginger child to find his take off point rather than me having to set up every stride and think we made some progress - only trouble is he now thinks I am v scary
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Boxers

Visit site
I had to take daughter's pony (Toby) for his height certificate today. Now that he has won over £50 notional in BSJA he has to have a height certificate.

I have always thought he was about 146cm, but with his shoes off he became a midget 144cm !

He still jumps a 1m 10 track with scope for more!

And my other one, Manni, had a day off from work today - but will make up for it tomorrow when he has a session in the school and then a hack to relax afterwards.

Flame_

Visit site
I jumped my 5 year old. I'm not meant to jump anymore because I've got a back injury and it makes it really angry and painful, but I've recently had it steroid injected and I am making the most of it.
grin.gif

I never thought I'd be so chuffed or excited to be playing over a few little cross-poles, but I was. I love my little horse, she is so much fun!
cool.gif

checkmate1

Visit site
Did the quickest of quick schooling sessions to practice centre line and canter for dressage on friday. Realised I've been concentrating so much on canter transitions and forwardness my horse and I have forgotten how to ride circles and Indie claims she can no longer bend correctly! Will have to recap tomorrow before friday
wink.gif

D

Donkeymad

Got two of my girls pulling a carriage as a pair for the first time
grin.gif