So what do you do when your child really is allergic to the dog?

greenhaven

New User
Visit site
Have a read about lintbells yumega. The dosage is all worked out on the bottle and it contains your omega oils and more goodness! I've heard good results for it reducing moulting as well as it being good for them in general. My dog is on the yumega plus as she has allergic skin disease and it's made such a difference to her and means she has less flare ups where she needs steroids. The cat version has really reduced my cats moulting so hopefully it'll be the same for a dog. I hope the situation is improving. One bottle will go a long way so it isn't a massive expense.

willhegofirst

Visit site
If you need to wash him every week try Dermacton soap, it's not cheap but really great for dogs with sensitive skin so can be used regularly, we use it on our Spinones feet and faces with no problems. Even when we have used it every day at one point.
I do hope you find a solution to a difficult situation.

SO1

Visit site
I used to be allergic to cats, my grandparents retrievers and horses as a child. I used to have to stuff toilet roll up nose as my nose ran so much and I sneezed a lot.

As a child I loved ponies, cats and dogs and was lucky enough to have all three at home {pony did not come into house!} long haired cats and dogs were worse and we had a long haired cat, we had a lurcher dog and I was never allergic to her. I was allergic to the ponies most of all but wanted to spend all my spare time with them and I did not mind having a streaming nose and itchy eyes. However after years of exposure I am no longer allergic to cats, dogs or ponies at all. I have my own pony and there are dogs on the yard and I can stroke and cuddle them without sneezing you would never have known how allergic I was as a child.

I do still have a dust mite allergy though and have to avoid feather bedding.

A think a lot would depend on how allergic the child is and how attached she seems to be to the dog. If her allergy makes her uncomfortable but is not life threatening for example it maybe something she grows out of. You can also get pet hair hoovers if you do not already have one, you may also have to try and not get the dog hair on your clothes or the other family members clothes as well. I have a friend who is very allergic to horses and I have to make sure when I visit her I wear clothes and carry a bag that has never been anywhere near a horse or yard and make sure I am very clean and have no traces of horse dust or hair on me.