so what would be you top tip or best bit of advice??????

Parkranger

Visit site
Also, listen to advice given to you but in the end make a decision based on your gut feeling....

Oh and one more - something my friend said to me - even if people think you're overreacting, nobody knows your horse like you do so listen to yourself occasionally.

teapot

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
even if people think you're overreacting, nobody knows your horse like you do so listen to yourself occasionally.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is very true - even old share pony's owners didn't believe me when I said he wasn't right, there's a pain related issue for why he's bucking. No no, he's fine. Wasn't until he's tried to take off whilst being driven - did they find he had teeth problems & to this day, still don't think that saddle fitted him

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
I will be trying this one with Bert!

[/ QUOTE ]
Let me know how you get on! I do it a lot in the show ring as there is nothing worse than a judge seeing a competitor being towed around the outside!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
If you have a horse that is rushing in its trot, change diagonal every 5 or 6 strides. This makes the rider concentrate on what they are doing and stop fighting the horse, and also stops the horse from getting into a comfort zone where he knows what is happening. I promise you it works!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh fabby one!
smile.gif

Rambo

Visit site
'There's always tomorrow'

'Thats showjumping...'

'What goes on in the brain, goes down the rein...' (Sorry, read that in someone's signature, but think it is one of the truest statements ever
smile.gif
)

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Many years ago when I were but a lad faced with my first hunter trial I asked the yard owner his advice.

"Sit tight and kick like F&%*"

Seems to work