So when does your BE season start?!

silvershadow81

Visit site
EEEKKK! I have less than a month (it feels as though it is coming around quite quickly now after the long slow winter!)

Im entered for Epworth, just wondered what others are aiming for and how your preparing?!

silvershadow81

Visit site
Ohh well done you!!! That's so exciting!

Of course that's the sort of answer I was after! ;-) When I did the H&H eventing champs, I bought so much booze it stopped the belt working at the checkout! hahaha!!

Austen123

Visit site
i have just realised whilst doing my membership today that i need to contact Podge's old owner to do a change of membership form. Urgh. my season will not start now until end of march :(

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Just to clarify I'm watching only :oops: none of my beasts are actually going to Badminton!
Topaz would be scared, Skylla would raid the trade stands for snacks and Doodle would accost the photographer, they are definitely never to be let loose somewhere as prestigious as Badminton o_O.

Asha

Visit site
Aria will hopefully start in April, plan is to do a couple of 90's and then step her up to 100's. We've never pushed her, but as shes 7 this year, thought we should see how she copes with a bit of pressure ! At the minute shes been back in work for about 6/7 weeks just doing hacking and a bit of school work . Shes going to do a combined training comp at the weekend , then after that will be getting her out doing some BS tracks, and then come march time probably get her out xc /gallops. Fingers crossed for some good weather so we can get a wiggle on !

I also have a new mare who will hopefully a go this year, shes 7 and just being backed, excited to see what she can do, so will try her at an 80 at some point this year

silvershadow81

Visit site
Just to clarify I'm watching only :oops: none of my beasts are actually going to Badminton!
Topaz would be scared, Skylla would raid the trade stands for snacks and Doodle would accost the photographer, they are definitely never to be let loose somewhere as prestigious as Badminton o_O.
Hahaha!! Im sure its more enjoyable that way! Have a fab time (shopping...!)

silvershadow81

Visit site
Aria will hopefully start in April, plan is to do a couple of 90's and then step her up to 100's. We've never pushed her, but as shes 7 this year, thought we should see how she copes with a bit of pressure ! At the minute shes been back in work for about 6/7 weeks just doing hacking and a bit of school work . Shes going to do a combined training comp at the weekend , then after that will be getting her out doing some BS tracks, and then come march time probably get her out xc /gallops. Fingers crossed for some good weather so we can get a wiggle on !

I also have a new mare who will hopefully a go this year, shes 7 and just being backed, excited to see what she can do, so will try her at an 80 at some point this year

Your braver than me! Mine turns 7 this year, we only really discovered BE last year (may) and then I got the bug! ive stuck to 80's as we struggle with dressage and only managed a DC at Norton Disney in our last run. (horse is so amazingly bold!) My first in 2019 will be 80, then I MAY step up to 90 if I feel confident enough!

Best of luck with the season.. my favourite is Frickley!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I start at Aston Le Walls March 3rd. My first BE90 and my 2nd BE season. I am preparing with a slightly mad February of clinics and a 2 day BE pre-season camp at Aintree. Very excited to get going and hope to see some of you round and about this year....

Asha

Visit site
Your braver than me! Mine turns 7 this year, we only really discovered BE last year (may) and then I got the bug! ive stuck to 80's as we struggle with dressage and only managed a DC at Norton Disney in our last run. (horse is so amazingly bold!) My first in 2019 will be 80, then I MAY step up to 90 if I feel confident enough!

Best of luck with the season.. my favourite is Frickley!

I don't compete at BE or BS, I enjoy watching someone else do this. Im just not good enough or brave enough. I tootle about on my ID mare doing basic stuff. I love being an owner though. I know what you mean about it being addictive, it was our first season last year too, weve previously only done BS. Aria just seems to love it, so hoping for a season as good a last year.

our favourite event so far, mmm that's a tricky one, id have to say Somerford.

Good luck with your season, I will look forward to your reports x

silvershadow81

Visit site
I don't compete at BE or BS, I enjoy watching someone else do this. Im just not good enough or brave enough. I tootle about on my ID mare doing basic stuff. I love being an owner though. I know what you mean about it being addictive, it was our first season last year too, weve previously only done BS. Aria just seems to love it, so hoping for a season as good a last year.

our favourite event so far, mmm that's a tricky one, id have to say Somerford.

Good luck with your season, I will look forward to your reports x

Ive not managed Somerford yet, its a bit of a trek for us, but I think it would be worth it. May get a few more under our belt then look to see whats on- its on my spreadsheet! :)
Both mine are ID x TB mares, and both grey! I had a friend do BYEH with mine two years ago and I was more nervous as an owner than I am riding!! x

Chippers1

Visit site
I'm aiming for our first ever BE80 this year, looking at Norton Disney in October so I have a loonnnnggg time to prepare, mostly doing a few unaffiliated and hunter trials. Really need to do a dressage test too, keep putting it off!

silvershadow81

Visit site
I'm aiming for our first ever BE80 this year, looking at Norton Disney in October so I have a loonnnnggg time to prepare, mostly doing a few unaffiliated and hunter trials. Really need to do a dressage test too, keep putting it off!
ND is ace! I did the 80 there last year- video of my XC is on my page if you wanted to see course. I don't think it changes much. Best of luck x

Chippers1

Visit site
ND is ace! I did the 80 there last year- video of my XC is on my page if you wanted to see course. I don't think it changes much. Best of luck x

Thanks :) I will watch! I course walked the 80 last year to have a nosy and it does look nice which is why I picked it. My horse needs to get over his water fear though!

BethanT

Visit site
Planning second weekend in April with my lad, though not me riding. He will be going to the pro rider for a few weeks in the run up to the event to brush up on his XC.

I was going through the calendar for this year last night, and it dawned on me that we will have a really busy year as I want to qualify for BD Regionals and Areas, and then he will also be competing BE with a pro rider - seeing as that is what he was bred for! Initially I was hoping to step him up to 100's this year, but I don't realistically think that will happen as he wont get the runs in with all the BD, so I will settle for DC's at 90 :)

Michen

Visit site
Just not sure, contemplating BE100 for Boggle and his proper jockey in April Aston le walls. Or even March though no time to XC school before then which may be throwing him in at the deep end somewhat.

I am eyeing up swalcliffe 80 for me but the reality is I’m yet to jump an x pole this year...

sportsmansB

Visit site
Our eventing season in NI starts end March but with v high entries and non change of clocks yet to give us more time, at the first few events I will be scoring and not riding
Its my first season with a new horse so i would rather take him out when I am not under pressure to get back to the laptop and the curious faces at the scoring box!!
I'm a bit fair weather when it comes to XC anyway so it means I can wait and go schooling when the weather is better :)

Austen123

Visit site
well, after completing the forms yesterday. i had to go in contact with Podge's old owner as he has previously been registered BE with them to do a change of ownership form. I got that back today so will post it out, wait for my account to be updated and then register him. I will now probably aim for BE90 at Swalcliffe.

ihatework

Visit site
well, after completing the forms yesterday. i had to go in contact with Podge's old owner as he has previously been registered BE with them to do a change of ownership form. I got that back today so will post it out, wait for my account to be updated and then register him. I will now probably aim for BE90 at Swalcliffe.

Scan and email it. They usually switch ownership within 24h, pretty quick

Fanatical

Visit site
When I (or if I ever) finally have a horse sound enough and capable enough. Been trying to get back to it for the last 3 years. Literally (in the last hour) just brought my youngster in from his winter holidays. Hoping he will be out BEing at some point this year. Luck has to change at some point...surely?!