So who is going to Burghley ?

debsflo

Visit site
For the first time in years my oh is coming with me this year as daughter is away but I have 2 days off work and can't wait. Who else is going ? I have a huge shopping list including a hit air jacket in advance of getting a new horse.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Very tempted because I have been invited to what will be a great party but I am going up to Blair for the week so I think I should stay home .

BBP

Visit site
I'm going both dressage days, stewarding on xc day and then sponsored ride on the Sunday! I go every year for at least 3 of the days and I get super excited every year. Better than Christmas! Got a big long shopping list, although I'm usually too tight fisted to buy most of it!

windseywoo

Visit site
First year of going and we are going on the Saturday for XC day, as couldn't go to Badminton due to a wedding. We are travelling up on the Friday so not such an early start from home. Hoping the weather going to be ok, don't like going to outdoor events and it being too soggy. However I am prepared for the deluge if it occurs. Can't wait.

Tronk

Visit site
Debsflo I bought my HitAir from Burghley and then one for my daughter the year after. The normally have an offer on and will throw in a free hat or something. The best thing is imo that they fit the jacket for you so you know it's right and they will also show you one being set off.

Achinghips

Visit site
Last year there was a hundred quid off the hay gain hay steamers too ! ��

Love the Range Rover display

dizzyneddy

Visit site
Love Burghley, in last 15 years only missed going for xc day once. There's so many offers & love the atmosphere but l always take my wellies just in case as the other year it was a mud bath although that wouldn't stop me going :)

debsflo

Visit site
Debsflo I bought my HitAir from Burghley and then one for my daughter the year after. The normally have an offer on and will throw in a free hat or something. The best thing is imo that they fit the jacket for you so you know it's right and they will also show you one being set off.
ooh im even more excited now......

mirage

Visit site
We are going,but going by train this year,only takes 24 minutes. I go every year and normally drive but the thought of spending an hour queuing to get in the car park again,then trying to find the car in the huge car parks didn't appeal.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
We are going,but going by train this year,only takes 24 minutes. I go every year and normally drive but the thought of spending an hour queuing to get in the car park again,then trying to find the car in the huge car parks didn't appeal.

If you go in a Landrover and are early enough, you get to park right at the front near the water jumps, you sail past rows and rows of cars to the front of the hill.

I'm going on my own on the Thursday, I love wandering round watching what I want and shopping where I want. Then I'm going with the family and a friend on the Saturday. We usually camp but have decided to try camping at Blenheim instead this year.

I love Burghley. It's a special place. My husband proposed there during a champagne picnic at the Cottesmore Leap.

Doris68

Visit site
Going on Friday. Been XC day for years, but it's getting so busy, I think I'll watch it on Burghley TV and then the highlights on BBC. Taking a picnic and watching friend's horses in the 4 and 5 yo BYEH. I see the weather isn't going to be that great, but it could change between now and Friday. Have fun everyone.

Mad_Cow347

Visit site
Me! I'm going Saturday xc day as I do every year. It's one of my highlights of the year. Shopping list is unusually small but I'm sure that won't stop me!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I'm in need of a Racesafe body protector, an air vest / jacket and some boots. Is it worth driving nearly 150 miles each way for? Thanks

Probably not if you include fuel and ticket costs, but yes if you also enjoy watching the event anyway. You can also see/compare/get fitted for purchases while you're there.

patseyr

Visit site
Yes you can buy tickets on the gate.

Excellent, really tempted to travel up on Saturday. I have always wanted to go and now that I am living close by, its worth a journey up.

Do they do course walks if you get up there early enough? would love to get a close up of the jumps. Also would you recommend wellies? I think the weather could be a bit iffy on Saturday.

Sorry for all the questions :)

Mad_Cow347

Visit site
Excellent, really tempted to travel up on Saturday. I have always wanted to go and now that I am living close by, its worth a journey up.

Do they do course walks if you get up there early enough? would love to get a close up of the jumps. Also would you recommend wellies? I think the weather could be a bit iffy on Saturday.

Sorry for all the questions :)

Definitely do it, it's one of my favourite days of the year. I think there are celebrity course walks today and tomorrow but at the end of the day on Saturday you can get right up to the jumps so as long as you're not desperate to rush off (I never am, car park is much nicer if you wait a while) then you'll be able to have a look at them.

As for footwear, something comfortable as it is a lot of walking. I tend to wear my country boots but there are a lot of people in wellies as well. All the weather reports I have seen for Saturday in Stamford say it's meant to be cloudy but dry and I don't think much rain is forecast for the next couple of days so hopefully mud won't be a problem.

patseyr

Visit site
Definitely do it, it's one of my favourite days of the year. I think there are celebrity course walks today and tomorrow but at the end of the day on Saturday you can get right up to the jumps so as long as you're not desperate to rush off (I never am, car park is much nicer if you wait a while) then you'll be able to have a look at them.

As for footwear, something comfortable as it is a lot of walking. I tend to wear my country boots but there are a lot of people in wellies as well. All the weather reports I have seen for Saturday in Stamford say it's meant to be cloudy but dry and I don't think much rain is forecast for the next couple of days so hopefully mud won't be a problem.

Thanks for the info, I think I will head up early on Saturday and hang around after to get a bit closer to the jumps. Going to bring my camera too to try get some shots. Might throw in the wellies also just in case. :)

Getting excited now, roll on Saturday!

Achinghips

Visit site
I like getting free food samples because I'm a cheapskate ...... But they hide them behind the stands now and monitor them closely with barbed wire and Alsations to stop people like me lol