So who went mad shopping at Badminton?

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
Just wondering what everyone went mad for in the shopping village! I had a little spend but didn't go too crazy...

1 lovely lemieux sheepskin girth cover from Horse Health
Whitening Spray from flay-away
Newmarket stripe leadrope
Waterproofing boot polish
& about ten tonnes of Cheddar cheese!!

What did everyone else splurge on?

Feathered

Visit site
I didn't actually get everything that was on my list, but did go a little mad and spend 50 quid on a gorgeous black leather headcollar with nameplate, and got some awesome chillis!! :D

doratheexplorer

Visit site
I did! Whoopsie!!

2 le mieux pro sport saddle cloths
A gel front riser
A leather head collar with name plate
A load of supplements from Feedmark (their 40% off deal was awesome!)
A musto fleece gillet
A joules/BE polo shirt
A pair of BE socks

I think that's it!! I am officially broke!!

Spottyappy

Visit site
Got daughter a Protector riding hat,at vast cost, £288.
And,couple of bits reduced to £8 each. :D
Too many crowds for my liking so didn't hammer the shops as would have liked to. :(

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
I brought a bacon roll and a tub of Salmon Pate! yes seriously that was it. Most days by the time I got out of the media tent the shops were closed so couldn't shop then and during the days was too busy on photographer duties despite being there since Wednesday! least my bank manager will be happy ;)

only_me

Visit site
I ummed and Ahhed about getting a sheepskin girth cover but decided Billy is too hunterish and unfortunately probably wouldn't pull it off :p

The same went for a bling browband - he dosen't have a delicate enough head for one :eek:

I did buy some
deck shoes
Bargain Shirt from musto sale
Pair of rubber reins
Studs

:)

Mrs B

Visit site
*sulks*

Had to cancel going as too much to do at home :mad:

Was going to get a new riding coat, as mine looks like something the cat wouldn't even drag in AND Mr B was going to buy it for me for my birthday in March ...

*mutter, mutter, sulk, sulk*

Haylee

Visit site
Yeah, this morning as was clearance sales and that:eek: numnah, clothing, new head collar and grooming kit..:) ooh, a few pimms :p

LittleGreyMare

Visit site
I bought a feed supplement (which I needed anyway!), a Kate Negaus bridle so T looks smart when he can be ridden again and a new HS1 riding hat so I am ready for when T can be ridden again! I am now very poor and spent all the money I have saved on not having lessons or comps for the past three months... Oops!

kit279

Visit site
I was supposed to be going this weekend but as ended up having to get ready to move house, I packed up the entire yard and tackroom this morning and have officially realised that I have absolutely everything that I need horse-wise and an outrageous number of saddlecloths!!!

Copperpot

Visit site
I was good. Only got a Rambo fly rug, leather head collar and a Acavallo non slip numnah thingy. Shops were too busy to be bothered.

Shipley

Visit site
I got some bucas travel boots and studs, was disappointed with the shopping this year as had lots on my list but not really any different to shop prices so didn't want to carry around.

Silmarillion

Visit site
I went with a huge shopping list and came home with no money but hardly anything off my list! Spent most of my money on food! I got a really long leadrope from Libbys, a bargain half price pair of fetlock boots from somewhere I forgot what it was called, and some meat from a food stall (already eaten today!)
Still missing a blingy blue browband and a sheepy numnah! And I got home to find my horses covered in midges so I wish I'd bought a fly rug or two!

Twiggy14

Visit site
LOTS of food ;)

FLUFF. Sheepskin half pad, sheepskin overreaches, some Mark Todd boots, a Joules bag, some Badders cards, a pikeur scarf for friend, and umm.....I think that's it o.o

Natz88

Visit site
I got some Tri Zone air lite tendon & fetlock set. I had no spend money, but as we hadn't been before decided to have a mooch. I always wanted some of these boots as like them. Saw some on one stand so thought just see how much & they were normal full price, then went round corner to see them on another stand half price, so mum bought me them as an early birthday present so got full set for £42 :D

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
I got a lemieux pro sport saddle pad, lemieux leather overreach boots and my ultimate bargain was the full set of thermatex bandages which I got for £10 as they were from an order placed which was subsequently cancelled! Mega chuffed with my bargain!

ilvpippa

Visit site
I got a nice new leather girth-finally!
Mega-tek in the hope it helps her fur grow back near her scars
Gel tail bandage as she's a pain in the trailer!

Nosey

Visit site
Quite restrained this year as didn't find a huge amt to tempt me so just:
2 haynets
2 lead ropes
2 pairs of gloves
Effax liquid saddle soap
Nice jods for dtr
New hacking jkt for dtr
Pony club bits & cheap polo shirt for little dtr
....oh & too much cider ;-)

Ancient Hacker

Visit site
I'm waiting for the HHO member who once displayed the storage system of her 247 (if I remember correctly) rugs to confess to some purchasing at Badminton! I still quote that post to the hubby when I come back from the tackshop with a few little fripperies ;)

Luci07

Visit site
Highly restrained ....so a sweat combo rug and musto top. However, have only just realised you can buy a fly/turnout combo which would be great for my retired mare and the zebra rug I was laughing at is actually the best option...

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
I just bought some Ariat breeches, that were so expensive I'm worried about wearing them ;) but, I did get a free Ariat polo, so that lessened the blow slightly!
I really wanted a headcollar with my horses name engraved, but they were so expensive- just did a google and found the JHL ones for half the price, anyone know what the leather quality is like?
I also wanted a royal blue baselayer (couldn't find one), a stock shirt (only ones I could find were encrusted in diamonds!!) and a clincher browband (could only find a cheap tacky one or a stupidly expensive one!), so not a very successful outing!!

Natz88

Visit site
I got some Tri Zone air lite tendon & fetlock set. I had no spend money, but as we hadn't been before decided to have a mooch. I always wanted some of these boots as like them. Saw some on one stand so thought just see how much & they were normal full price, then went round corner to see them on another stand half price, so mum bought me them as an early birthday present so got full set for £42 :D

Oh & I bought some gloves :p

wench

Visit site
Never been to badminton but go to burghley. I have never really bought loads of stuff at one of them, as there are not that many tack stalls and its all normal rrp!

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Wench - I found Badmington to have a lot more offers that Burghley.
I got a pair of John Whittaker Long boots
Pair of Brogini paddock boots and matching chaps
Blue fleecy headcollar
2 hoof picks
Mountain horse stock shirt
Denim Jods
Kevin Bacon hoof stuff
and freebies of vitamin supplements, horse quest bag and head warmer and some feed samples. Lots of bits of cheese, chutneys and sweet things to try.
Great weekend.

FabulousFlynn'sMum

Visit site
Hi Broadford Queen, I have 3 of the brass tacks leather headcollers for 3 of mine which are lush dont get me wrong, wanted another one for the new horse and looked on their website but are far too much money I just couldnt justify it (the other three were bought as show offers at Olympia and Bramham I think), anyway saw a JHL one in our local tack shop and it seemed decent leather so bought it, anyway, 2 months on and with only one oiling with some neatsfoot, its as soft as butter, and I would say 99% as good as the expensive ones, I just need to find someone to engrave the name plaque now! Hope that helps xx