So whos still alive after the finally snow free weekends riding... ?

Flashbacksj

Visit site
After all this pants weather the horses were bound to be hyper... so who made it out alive!
tongue.gif

anyones horse not realise they hadnt been outside for weeks and act perfectly normally!?

My boy did quite well TBH... rode in stong wind and light rain on Sat morning... wasnt going to miss out!... and i suffered through a major spook attack... 6 or 7 spins away from the giant orange fence monsters! a few broncs but on the whole i survived! what about you.... x

Twizzel

Visit site
Meeeee
grin.gif
Rode 2 of the 3 that are in work both fun rides!! The next challenge is to get on the 17.2hh who is feeling very very very fit... may lunge him before getting on as I think he may be rather fresh
wink.gif

JVB

Visit site
They were both idiots, one in the school and the other round the fields, made it back in one piece but wished I had lunged first now!

And they didn't have much of an excuse as had still been able to ride them both on all weekends - think the lack of white stuff made them all a bit barmy! Everyone on my yard was having problems!

Bens_Mum

Visit site
Lunged and still got deposited on my bottom by some rather large bunny hops, turning to a buck and a beautifully executed shoulder drop....!!

BobbyMondeo

Visit site
Meee! I rode a mare on my yard (who hasnt been ridden since october) only to be told once i got off most people are not brave enough to get on her
blush.gif
but she was good as gold
laugh.gif

catdragon

Visit site
I rode yesterday....1st time in 8 weeks.

She thought about spooking when a double barrelled shotgun (that sounded VERY close) went off, she did a "dance" whilst contemplating a bronch,a buck or a gallop, but otherwise didn't go anywhere and other than snorting for 10 minutes all the way around the arena, she was a total paragon of virtue
laugh.gif

However.... feel I may be in for fun and games tonight when I ride, she likes to lull me into a false sense of security !! It was great to be back in the saddle though
laugh.gif

251libby

Visit site
Me!
Mine actually gets more lazy with time off, she's had two weeks off and I had a really nice ride but she did go out in the field a few days

suzyseymour

Visit site
I took Kai out yesterday and she was a star,I was very suprises, just half an hour round some quiet roads.

Took her out again this morning and she decided to make up for yesterday. Launched herself 4 ft over a puddle before we had even made it off the yard lol!!

Just missed 3 cars, although one did try to jam his car in a non existent space between her bum and the pavement, idiot, especially considering she is a 17hh hunter, not much room with a bum that size!

rocketdog69

Visit site
I am alive but my horse is very lucky to be alive. He got an ASBO on saturday. Galloped round his field like a nutter, jumped over the fencing, dragged it with him with one foot snapping wooden fence posts as he went, into my friends paddock, galloped round there, churned it up a wee bit, jumped out again onto the path taking her fencing with him and snapping another fence post in another field next door. His last jump was out onto a narrow path, his jump was super, turned 45 degrees beautifully in mid air. I was well impressed until 4 of us had to mend everything in the pouring rain. He was drying out nicely in his newly made 25 tog straw bed!!!!!!!!!

Flicker

Visit site
Ha ha! Hacked my boy both days of the weekend, after 6 weeks box rest and then a little bit in the school during last week. We had a couple of bunny bucks up the lane on Saturday and he humped his back a few times on Sunday, but generally held it together beautifully. What a star!
My instructor came with me on Saturday and she said you could just see the mischief building in his face, bless.

ironhorse

Visit site
Husband rode our mare on Saturday and she was good as gold (she has been turned out every day tbf)
I rode her yesyterday and she was great - got a bit bouncy when the youngsters started doing the wall of death in the next field but I thought she did very well under the circs...thank goodness for all year turnout.
The time that I'm going to be in trouble is when it gets properly wet and windy again....:)

Toast

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Lunged and still got deposited on my bottom by some rather large bunny hops, turning to a buck and a beautifully executed shoulder drop....!!

[/ QUOTE ]

OOoofff haha cruel horsie :p
Hope your bum isnt too sore!
x

Loubiepoo

Visit site
I'd had enough of the weather and got on my lad in a partially snow covered arena on friday morning, hee hee, after 2 weeks of no work he was more than full of beans. As it was still partially snow covered I decided to stick to walk and lateral exercises. Well, he couldn't contain his exhuberance and after 20 mins of trying to calm and stretch him he just exploded!!! Big rear, mutiple bucks and dumped me on the floor! (Nice soft landing on the snow tho!) continued to gallop round bucking and squealing. Tried again yesterday and was much better behaved although still very eager and I've never known him be so sharp off my leg!! At least now I know he can be sensitive to my leg he just sometimes choses to ignore it!! Really should have lunged first - ah well!

coen

Visit site
Surprisingly enough my 5yr old was brilliant, a little on edge hacking out but perfectly behaved.
Think I must have had luck on my side tho as 2 friends had falls, one quite nasty.

JessnGeorge

Visit site
I did!!

He has been turned out twice in 8 weeks and can't remember last time I rode.Shoulders up to his ears and did you know that pheasants are MONSTERS (he's normally not bothered). Didn't fall off though but jumped out of my skin every time he did, and that was after turnout!!

JosieSmith

Visit site
I took Belle out for the first time in about 5 weeks on sunday, bearing in mind she's been in a small paddock for a couple of hours most days, and it was as if she'd never been in! I was dreading it and fully expecting huge spooks but she was totally chilled, though I only went up the lane for 10 minutes and she was a bit stiff. We were alone though, which usually means more spooking but no daft antics other than napping.

When we go out onto the roads is probably when the napping will flare up again (though hopefully not as bad as she used to b as I've done loads of work with her) and when we go out in company will be when the fireworks really start.

Slave2Magic

Visit site
I lunged yesterday after being in for 2 weeks. Cue much bucking, broncing and snorting. Rode this afternoon and she was good as gold. OH rode on Saturday and got bolted off with which was quite scarey but improved his seat no end!
grin.gif