soaking Speedi Beet

supertramp

Visit site
Hi , am going to be feeding speedi beet, and I need something to soak it in, what do people use ? am thinking a good sized bucket with a lid would be a start but no idea where t get one. Any ideas much appreciated.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Yeah supplement containers are ideal for soaking stuff. If you don't have any are you on a yard where someone else might have an old one?

Failing that, it soaks quickly so you could just prepare it in your horses feedbowl.

Cragrat

Visit site
I soak in the actual feed bucket just the small amount I intend to feed as I want it to be as “fresh” as possible. In the heat of summer it can ferment or get found by flies…
Exactly this.
Mine get a small feed twice a day, so in the morning I measure each horses' feed into its own bucket and soak for the evening feed, etc. More accurate measuring, no waste, and no time to go alcoholic!

Reactions: tda

supertramp

Visit site
Thankyou all for the replies, Have found a good bucket and lid in the garage, hope hubby wasn't saving it for anything!

windand rain

Visit site
I soak beet feeds in a treat buckets in winter in summer I soak the feeds in the feed bucket poo pick then feed by the time I have poo picked 5 acres the feeds are ready to feed

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Speedi Beet only takes 15 minutes or so, so I put about an inch water into the feed bucket in the morning, then leave it with just water until I add a mug of Speedy Beet whilst I am faffing prior to feed time.

Then, simply continue to make the feed, stir and serve. No extra washing up!