Social media heavily promoted supplements

bz88

Visit site
Hi all. Just curious post. I’ve seen lots of advertisements all over Facebook for horse supplements including ponyease, equinutritive, equinectar and many more promoting horses gut health and calming. I’m a bit sceptical although I have used no more nerves for my pony who can worry sometimes and I’m not sure if that has helped him or my change of attitude towards him(I’ve grown a pair simply explaining, I’m more positive, calm) he does still occasionally appear anxious(he’s not spooky type).
He has had ulcers in the past so I’m on ulcers advice facebook page and all I keep seeing is those promotions.
What do you guys think about it? Is it marketing ploy or do those things really work?
Many thanks

Caol Ila

Visit site
Yeah, my FB is deluged in that too, and in moments of weakness, I occasionally click on them. Haven't bought anything based on an FB ad. I remember going down an internet rabbit hole with one and discovering the science supporting its efficacy was pretty dodgy

Last week, in another moment of weakness, I clicked on one. I read the ingredients and found it was a mix of all the herbs I've been feeding anyway, give or take a few others. Oh, f9ck off, I thought. Not a cutting edge new thing at all. Just some oregano and rosemary.

Of course, you click one thing out of boredom/curiosity, and FB shows you 100000000000 other things like it. I get so fecked off with it because it's sometimes more adverts than my mates' posts, and the reason I use it is to see what friends are up to. How old school am I? I miss you, 2010.

Peglo

Visit site
I’m also getting tons of adverts for these. I think I might’ve clicked on a few in a moment of boredom so a bit of my own fault maybe.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Hi all. Just curious post. I’ve seen lots of advertisements all over Facebook for horse supplements including ponyease, equinutritive, equinectar and many more promoting horses gut health and calming. I’m a bit sceptical although I have used no more nerves for my pony who can worry sometimes and I’m not sure if that has helped him or my change of attitude towards him(I’ve grown a pair simply explaining, I’m more positive, calm) he does still occasionally appear anxious(he’s not spooky type).
He has had ulcers in the past so I’m on ulcers advice facebook page and all I keep seeing is those promotions.
What do you guys think about it? Is it marketing ploy or do those things really work?
Many thanks

Check the ingredients, you can usually buy them cheaper anyway.

For ulcers aloe vera juice has been proven to work.

bz88

Visit site
Slightly desperately after nearly getting decked a few weeks ago I bought Buck Off after a Facebook advert. Supposed to be a calmer but doing nothing. In fact more living up to it's name.

I am now getting a zillion supplement adverts 🙄
I got decked and bought no more nerves. Unsure if it does anything or is my attitude that changed helped.

I'm Dun

Visit site
Yeah, my FB is deluged in that too, and in moments of weakness, I occasionally click on them. Haven't bought anything based on an FB ad. I remember going down an internet rabbit hole with one and discovering the science supporting its efficacy was pretty dodgy

Last week, in another moment of weakness, I clicked on one. I read the ingredients and found it was a mix of all the herbs I've been feeding anyway, give or take a few others. Oh, f9ck off, I thought. Not a cutting edge new thing at all. Just some oregano and rosemary.

Of course, you click one thing out of boredom/curiosity, and FB shows you 100000000000 other things like it. I get so fecked off with it because it's sometimes more adverts than my mates' posts, and the reason I use it is to see what friends are up to. How old school am I? I miss you, 2010.

Download Facebook purity for Chrome. It puts a stop to all that nonsense!

Caol Ila

Visit site
Download Facebook purity for Chrome. It puts a stop to all that nonsense!

I'd love to put a stop to the nonsense. I'm so sick of it. Do you know if that works for Firefox?

ETA: It does. It totally cleaned up my newsfeed. Bloody brilliant. Thanks for that!

Last edited:

Horseysheepy

Visit site
I might try that suggestion above. I've only got 150 friends on Facebook, so it'll be much quicker getting through newsfeed without constant suggested ads, pages, videos and menopausal supplements,and ways to whiten the grout on the bathroom tiles!!!

I'm Dun

Visit site
I couldnt do fb without it! That and the Honey extension which has saved me hundreds of pounds by applying discount codes every time I buy something, are the two best things I've used in a long while

Caol Ila

Visit site
The FB Purity app has done wonders for my computer's web browser, but Google searches suggest that you are SOL for the FB phone apps, on both Android and iOS. If anyone knows different, then let us know.

I miss the days when FB wasn't stuffed full of adds and sponsored posts and stuff you may be interested in. It really p1sses me off, but so far, there are no alternatives.

alexomahony

Visit site
I’m getting absolutely bombarded with ads for horse supplements atm.

What I find most annoying is that as smart as these ads are (I work in digital marketing) they don’t acknowledge when you’ve made a purchase and therefore no long need the ads! I still get ads across all channels for body protectors, but bought one weeks ago!