Socks (for people) colour choice - Opinions please!

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
I like Toggi/Musto/Puffa long socks. Brightly coloured but they must match!

Totally off topic but Jenni_ is that horse is your photo yours?

No, thats me teaching on one of Barony Colleges horses that they had on loan. Thats about 2008? Nice young mare called Jinty. She was only about 5 then :)

meardsall_millie

Visit site
I'm amazed no-one has mentioned their 'lucky socks'?!

At home I'm not too concerned and will wear the length/thickness which suits the current weather and the boots I'm wearing that day.

At a competition I have to wear pink socks when I'm riding the mare and blue socks when I'm riding the gelding. Yes it is a nightmare if I take them both to the same competition. (I know.... No comments are required thank you... :p).

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
M_M - I am highly amused and would never have had you down for the lucky/superstitious type!

What happens if you do not have the correctly corresponding socks?

meardsall_millie

Visit site
M_M - I am highly amused and would never have had you down for the lucky/superstitious type!

What happens if you do not have the correctly corresponding socks?

I know, I know - and I'm not at all superstitious - other than this sock thing :eek:

I have lots of pairs of pink and blue socks so I'm generally fine. I do, however, keep spares in the lorry just in case....... :p

(I actually can't believe I've admitted to this :eek:)

JustMe22

Visit site
I bought these bamboo socks a while ago which are amazing and have lasted ages. They're by elle I think.

My socks normally wear through at an alarming rate because I have stupidly pointy feet and constantly cold toes so wear them non-stop.

Colours - for me, the brighter the better. Red, pink, green, blue, purple etc. I am a massive fan of stripes or silly designs and the like. Even have ones with pigs and bees and cartoons on them!

Onyxia

Visit site
Riding socks - must be sturdy and warmish. Toggi and Townend ones are good. Must admit like them brightly coloured, patterned, stripy, tasteless !
Non riding socks - black if visible. If not, ie with boots, see up.

A woman after my own heart- and sock collection!

Ella19

Visit site
I'm known as the instructor with the bright socks! Long, stripey, stars etc and BRIGHT! I have cool horse socks at present. They wear well, are warm for the foot but not too bulky up the leg.

Kat

Visit site
My favourite riding socks are from Primark and cost ONE WHOLE POUND!!!!!!

They are black with a grey horse design on the ankle part and come up to just below the calf. Long enough to avoid getting cold ankles/rubs but not long enough to cause problems fastening long boots or chaps over my calf muscle. Have a design so I can pair them easily but not too loud.

I like a design on my socks so that I can paid them up easily, but that might just be a logo or a colour on the top cuff or the toe section if they might be seen with non-riding clothes. I particularly like argyle socks though, and for non-riding wear I like Pringle socks, my favourites are black with pin spots in various colours.

Rafferoo

Visit site
Another vote for colourful socks here (really like stripes!) - I prefer long stocks for riding and they must be comfortable and warm. I have small feet and struggle to find ones that fit well. Good luck with the venture!