Sofa - leather or fabric covered?

KittenInTheTree

Visit site
Fabric with removable cushion covers and an assortment of throws to rotate between. It's not that hard to teach the dogs not to make nests of stuff. I also vacuum daily.

windand rain

Visit site
Leather and I love it I like to be warm so I am never too hot the dog sits on there and hasnt marked it and we had a leather sofa for over 15 years and it was like new It was just too big for our new house

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Big squishy leather sofa in the kitchen and it is purely for the dogs they love it, I hate it. In the sitting room a material sofa and chairs with throws ... still looks very clean and lovely but even with the throws after 10 years it is getting very threadbare in places from the mutts leaping or scrambling on to watch telly with the old fella. slightly off topic how often do people replace their living room furniture?

Clodagh

Visit site
Big squishy leather sofa in the kitchen and it is purely for the dogs they love it, I hate it. In the sitting room a material sofa and chairs with throws ... still looks very clean and lovely but even with the throws after 10 years it is getting very threadbare in places from the mutts leaping or scrambling on to watch telly with the old fella. slightly off topic how often do people replace their living room furniture?

The latest lot is 5 years old, the one before 20 plus years. (Bought by first wife, I inherited it).
OH's gentlemans club furniture is 30 years old and going strong.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
With dogs, or cats, or anything that has claws and is mucky, its a simple choice for me, and that's leather!

I bought mine at a local re-cycling place for £40; best forty quid I've ever spent. If the dogs (or cat) scuffs up the leather, then for anyone who's got horsey tack-cleaning stuff the solution is simples.

Anything made of fabric wouldn't last long in my household!