Soil analysis

Achinghips

Visit site
Two questions
1.Anyone had one of these done and been surprised by the results. I've just had one done and the results have saved me a fortune !
2. Anyone have a forage analysis done and do the results correspond with the soil analysis, as I'm told they often don't.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Yes of course, we check our soil every couple of years, it's how we know when to lime, or fertilise or whatever. We buy in forage and ask the supplier to provide an analysis.

popsdosh

Visit site
Forage analysis will very rarely match up with soil analysis as there are so many variables. What elements did you test on the soil analysis ? was it sampled correctly ? Which lab did the results? They in themselves are not totally reliable as so many outside influences can alter the results. Ie another test done 6 weeks later will possibly give you a totally different picture . All our land gets done every 3 years in rotation but always at the same time of year. Micro nutrients are best tested by plant tissue samples in the growing plant as so many variables affect nutrient uptake by the plant.