Solar arena lights, any experience ?

smiggy

Visit site
Anyone been using these ?
Am being offered some as a birthday gift from my long suffering husband but they are a lot of money and I would love to hear some personal experiences.
It’s just me riding on the flat for max 1 hr 30 per night in the winter
Thanks in advance

millikins

Visit site
I think I have just decided to treat myself to one, I assume you mean the Clippersharp one? I'm looking to light my yard rather than an arena and an impressed by the low maintenance, no cost after the initial outlay. I could do it cheaper with rechargeable lights from Screwfix but I think it would get very tedious to keep taking them home to charge.

Dubsie

Visit site
I think I have just decided to treat myself to one, I assume you mean the Clippersharp one? I'm looking to light my yard rather than an arena and an impressed by the low maintenance, no cost after the initial outlay. I could do it cheaper with rechargeable lights from Screwfix but I think it would get very tedious to keep taking them home to charge.

Excvept you'll need the lights more in winter when there is less sun... I wonder if a solar charger to chage the Screwfix ones (which do give an enviable amount of light), only taking them home as required in the depths of winter?

smiggy

Visit site
Yes, was thinking of the clippersharp ones
Just can’t find any reviews from people actually using them so bit loath to spend so much !

Templebar

Visit site
Not the arena ones but the strips for stables with charging system has been very good last winter, never had an issue with charge. Was running for a couple hours each evening, did do slightly longer some days without any problems.