Solar panel for electric fencing help please

Cragrat

Visit site
I have lots of 12v car batteries, and fencing units, but I'm fed up of lugging the batteries back and forward to re-charge them.

Can I just buy a solar panel and connect it my battery? Or does there have to be some sort of interface?

AdorableAlice

Visit site
We bought solar panels from Aldi of all places, they work a treat. All you do is put the clips onto battery to charge it and then the clips from the fencer onto the crocodile clips.

J&S

Visit site
I have a solar panel energiser, it is super easy, just put it where you need it and point it towards the sun. Only had to charge it a couple of times during the winter.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Ive got something similar to Ricotta, about £25 on ebay. Ive got a wooden box with 2 batteries in it, 1 is powering the fence, the other is on the solar panel recharging, I swap them over once a week. Works a treat most of the year, have had to bring batteries home two or three times through the winter though

sunnyone

Visit site
I had mine stolen, both battery and solar panel. Now I just use batteries, use 1 whilst charging the other. I can padlock the battery in a concrete box. I remove it overnight during Bank Holidays as the horses respect the fences even when there is no power coursing through the tapes.