Solarium or hot wash

Sugar12

Visit site
I have been saving and I can afford one now and perhaps the other in a few months,? which would be better the solarium or the hot horse wash ? I have been me mentally spending my savings while on lockdown no lessons training or events for adults in Ireland but children can (logic ?)

chocolategirl

Visit site
Well we have both on our yard, and if I had the choice between the 2, it would deffo be the hot wash! Both are a luxury, but having 2 coloured horses, the hot wash is a bloomin godsend ?

Goldenstar

Visit site
Hot horse wash .I have outside heaters ( like outside bars ) in my stables not a solarium I have one in the wash area and one in each stable .
They where £150 each plus the electrician and i had each one wired to on off switches as well .
They are fantastic .

JulesRules

Visit site
Solarium for me. Even f you use hot water getting a horse dry in winter is the hard part and the water cools on the horse making them cold You can always bring hot water from home but a solarium.can keep them warm while they dry.

Cob Life

Visit site
It would be a solarium for me (though I wouldn’t say no to either!)
I can bring flasks of hot water from home but that still leaves him wet and cold after washing.
But if I had clipped horses that dried faster (and not a woolly mammoth) then I’d go for the hot wash

NinjaPony

Visit site
Having had both- solarium! It’s so lovey to wash/plait/clip/groom under the warm glow. Makes those dark evenings bearable! Hot washes are fab though.

Micropony

Visit site
If you have a spare stable to put them in, and an existing water supply, the hot wash can be pretty darn cheap (electric shower?) and save your pennies for the solarium. At this time of year, I would go solarium - so handy for drying wet horses, rugs, people... But then I don't do grey horses, so tend not to bath much in winter. I am quite content with a kettle and a hot cloth until spring!

my bfg

Visit site
Very lucky to have both at our yard, but if I had to choose it would be the hot wash. It makes a huge difference using warm water to wash my girl when she's sweaty/mucky/just has a dirty tail, if we didn't have the solarium I could scrape/towel off and pop her thermatex on to dry her. Yep I could always repeatedly boil the kettle to fill buckets, but having done this in the past, it's so much easier to have hot water on tap :)

Sugar12

Visit site
Hot horse wash .I have outside heaters ( like outside bars ) in my stables not a solarium I have one in the wash area and one in each stable .
They where £150 each plus the electrician and i had each one wired to on off switches as well .
They are fantastic .
oh wow that's a great idea thanks,

Quigleyandme

Visit site
I have a solarium and electric shower in my newly converted cow shed to internal stables but I had to buy a dedicated electrical supply from ESB as it might have put the house/cottage supply under too much strain. As it is agricultural it wasn’t horribly expensive but just something to consider. I think it was the shower rather than the solarium that was the issue as all 13 bulbs are energy efficient. The electrician placed a double socket in weatherproof box on the opposite wall to the cross tie poles which will be really useful for dental tools, radiographs, etc. Seamus has sweet itch so I may have a fan installed over his stable too so although the dedicated pole was an extra expense it gives me options I wouldn’t otherwise have.

Sugar12

Visit site
thanks everyone I ordered the Hippo portable hot wash and fingers crossed that it delivers on what others have said on their reviews.

Amazing the difference in solarium prices I really shopped around and I can get a 9 light for £700 delivered to me in Ireland . this particular one a friend already brought from so it is coming with a good reputation and I have seen it work etc. so for my needs it looks perfect. I am now just begging family and husband for funds to support my said spending especially when birthday is in January …… I am looking for them to pay it forward ……LOL !!!