solo rake?

JoshuaR97

Visit site
More or less my horse hates his mane being pulled/solo combed anything.. As soon as you push the hair up with the comb he is shaking his head and throwing a paddy.. At the minute it's not the greatest looking.. I tried to do it with my hands but still shaking away.. What do people think of the solo rake or think it might benefit him?

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
I've not tried the solo rakes but have used a mane rake (think it's basically the same thing) and I really like it. My horse also violently objects to any mane back-combing but he has no problem with the rake. It thins his mane really well then I just use some thinning scissors to tidy it up afterwards.

Merlod

Visit site
I love my solo rake. You need to flip the mane to the wrong side and take so you don't end up with a feathered appearance. Or put a thin top layer of mane in bunches and thin the rest hanging down

Sallyfinn

Visit site
My mare needs to be twitched even for the solo rake. Although it cuts some hair, it still pulls a fair bit and she hates it. I took mine to pieces and sharpened each blade individually but it didn't help much.