Solution Saddles reviews please

HappyHorses:)

Visit site
I've got my eye out for a saddle and wondered if anyone has come across these saddles?
Will be looking at a jumping but a short backed and moohosive Welsh d shoulders may be a problem with a forward cut.
Currently dressage in an Equipe Olympia 17 seat and +2 wide so it gives an idea on size.

Any feedback or suggestions would be fab. I've no doubt that the horse would like another equipe, champagne taste but mum has beer money! Would be great to have more suggestions :)

dominobrown

Visit site
I've got my eye out for a saddle and wondered if anyone has come across these saddles?
Will be looking at a jumping but a short backed and moohosive Welsh d shoulders may be a problem with a forward cut.
Currently dressage in an Equipe Olympia 17 seat and +2 wide so it gives an idea on size.

Any feedback or suggestions would be fab. I've no doubt that the horse would like another equipe, champagne taste but mum has beer money! Would be great to have more suggestions :)

One of the best treeless for jumping, they are pricey and you need a good fitter though.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
We have three Solution Saddles for two riders and four horses :) They have different shims/pads for the different horses and all four of the horses really like them. We don't jump much, so can't coment on that. I have one that I use for the two appy's, the older mare is very short backed and has big shoulders, to the extent that I could only ride her in a 16 1/2 " treed saddle, which was not really long enough for my thighs, she finds the solution very comfortable and it fits me :) The younger mare is longer and narrower, but she also goes well in the Solution. Provided the shims and pads are in the right place, then they are super comfortable for the rider and they feel secure and comfortable for the horses.

Kat

Visit site
I have two solution saddles and first decided to try one because my horse could only take 17" treed saddle, but husband and I need bigger. With a solution we can have a bigger saddle without it restricting her shoulders or putting pressure behind the last rib.

They are great saddles and I have done everything in mind including hunting, competing and pleasure rides.

buddylove

Visit site
If he goes well in a treed saddle why do you need to go treeless? I had a look at solution saddles but they are expensive and not very pretty!! Went for a WOW (still not cheap but infinitely prettier), and the flexible tree and lack of traditional points gives lots of shoulder freedom. Lots of bits can be picked up second hand as well once you know what you're looking for.

QuantockHills

Visit site
I've got a Solution Saddle that I bought for my ID x Welsh X TB. Tried several treed saddles but because of his big shoulders, they always slipped. I've jumped , hunted and done endurance rides in mine and loved it. The knee blocks are on velcro so can be moved to where you need more support etc. sadly lost my boy last year so it's sat doing nothing now.....

catembi

Visit site
I trialled one and sent it back. It was lovely to ride in, but my horse isn’t coming right following KS surgery in 2015. I also struggled with all the shims velcroed to the saddle cloth and couldn’t get the whole thing square. It was too much of a faff for me.

Pascal96

Visit site
I love my Solution Freestyles and so do my 2 horses who are both warmbloods with big shoulders. Both are dressage saddles so I can't comment on jumping however what I can say they are good for my bad back and I never get stiff no matter how long it has been between rides.

HappyHorses:)

Visit site
It's tricky as just looking into something that will keep off the shoulder yet give me a decent knee roll for jumping in!

Thank you for all the feedback.

Luci07

Visit site
Friend has the GP, SJ and DR. All her horses love them and she has found them really useful for big young horses who keep changing shape. Nicked her GP when my saddle was off being flocked and my horse liked it. I personally found it kept me a bit "off" my horses back but am impressed by just how easy they are to fit.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Friend has the GP, SJ and DR. All her horses love them and she has found them really useful for big young horses who keep changing shape. Nicked her GP when my saddle was off being flocked and my horse liked it. I personally found it kept me a bit "off" my horses back but am impressed by just how easy they are to fit.

My Draft horse has enormous shoulders and the Solution is the fifth saddle she has had. She absolutely loves it. Every other saddle she has pulled a face on tacking up, she completely ignores the process now. I find the shims a bit of a pain because they have to be in exactly the right place, they don't all come able to be velcroed together so if you double them up, they can slip, which both the rider and the horse can feel, so I have added my own velcro. I find the saddle puts me in the right position, when the shims are sorted and is very comfortable.

ozpoz

Visit site
I love mine, I've ridden in them for years now and every horse has been happy and comfortable, plus I feel very secure.

MummyEms

Visit site
Sorry to reinstate an older post but any more reviews would be amazing. Just looking into buying one tomorrow!!!

Marigold4

Visit site
I bought one for a difficult to fit youngster. Tried lots of other saddles but no good. The native solutions fits him well. I tried it on my other horse first. Found it to be secure jumping 90s. Just as good as a treed saddle. You have to have them fitted properly though - you can't just plonk them on any horse and expect it to work. Also very expensive but cheaper than changing the saddle multiple times?

MummyEms

Visit site
Thank you. I have been emailing the actual soultions team (sending photos and answering their questions) they've advised the smart eventer size 4.i like the look of it and think I'm going to do the trial.
Would love to hear any one elses opinions or experiences ☺

Wheels

Visit site
I have dressage and jump saddles for my connie. I bought my first jump saddle 2 years ago because despite a seemingly well fitted and appropriately padded treed saddle I just wasnt happy with my horses topline development.

I started riding in a 2nd hand solution jump and within 6 months had to change the saddle because his topline blossomed and became so muscular that the padding on the original saddle was a bit too thick.

I changed to a different solution jump with thinner panels.

Then I added a dressage saddle in january. I had to try 3 different models to find the right one. Ended up with a pro dressage which is one of the newer ones but I managed to find a 2nd hand one nearly new. I love it so much I might sell my older jump and get a pro

I had the assistance of one of their fitters but a remote fitting with pics and vids as no fitters nearby.

Are you buying new or 2nd hand? Have you got a fitter to help you get the padding right?

Wheels

Visit site
Thank you. I have been emailing the actual soultions team (sending photos and answering their questions) they've advised the smart eventer size 4.i like the look of it and think I'm going to do the trial.
Would love to hear any one elses opinions or experiences ☺

What do you do with your horse? What height jumping?

MummyEms

Visit site
What do you do with your horse? What height jumping?
So i bought him un backed last year. He's now backed, going nicely double clears unaffiliated before lockdown up to 70cm. Will do lots of xc and hacking.
He'll eventually be for one of my daughters who are still on their 12hh xx

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
I have an solutions eventer saddle. Both myself and horse love it. I had real trouble getting a tree'd saddle to stay straight on her and the treeless is much more stable. I do jump in it but only small at the min. Would happily jump higher in it though. I trailed it for 2 weeks coinciding with her needing some work on her pelvis so she wasn't the best in it on the trail weeks but I took a gamble and since her pelvis has been sorted we've been flying.

It's very comfy (I can get back ache) and actually you forget its treeless :)

Marigold4

Visit site
I tried a Heather Moffet but didn't like it. There was so much padding I felt perched on top and I couldn't feel my horse underneath it all. I like a more close contact feel and the Solutions Saddle gives you this, even with the dorsal pads under.

BlackRider

Visit site
I got one, had it professionally fitted. Hacked out in it 3 times (30 mins mainly in walk) and my horse needed 6 weeks off to recover!

Sold it on, never had any problems like that with a barefoot (which I'd used before this) and used afterwards without any issues.

Hugobear

Visit site
I got one, had it professionally fitted. Hacked out in it 3 times (30 mins mainly in walk) and my horse needed 6 weeks off to recover!

Sold it on, never had any problems like that with a barefoot (which I'd used before this) and used afterwards without any issues.

wow, that’s really bad. Did the company not try and sort it for you? What did you get instead?

Marigold4

Visit site
Here is the underside of a native version, size 4. As you proably know, you use dorsal pads velcroed on to the saddlecloth and shims to get the fot exactly right.IMG_2048.JPG

Marigold4

Visit site
wow, that’s really bad. Did the company not try and sort it for you? What did you get instead?
I have one and have used it on two different horses, both very comfortable in theirs - older horse uses it for long hacks, dressage, jumping and I have used it on the youngster to back him. You do need them properly fitted with the correct dorsal pads and shims to get the saddle balanced and clearance of spine and wither. I have different set up for each horse. Like any saddle if it's not the right fit, it will cause problems, but at least with this saddle, there are many different ways of adjusting it to get it just right.