SOLUTION SADDLES

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Have one and love it. Couldn't keep a treed saddle straight on my cob but no problems at all in solutions eventer saddle. Pony sees physio every 3 months and never any problems with her back

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I found they put me in a chair position and weren't that comfortable. I wasn't impressed by the leather quality for the price either

I have had issues in the past with the quality of the leather they use, but as for the position thing, your fitter should have been able to fix that very quickly and easily. The joy of these saddles (particularly I have to say the originals, and not the Smarts, is that they are so adjustable for both the horse and the rider.

I've used nothing but Solution saddles on more horses than I can count since 2006.

OP I'm happy to chat with you via PM if that helps.

Zuzan

Visit site
I did try them .. wasn't impressed with the quality of the workmanship / leather... plus they seem to be unable to build a symmetrical saddle .. the one tried the panels / gullet wasn't aligned with the seat.. the seat was off to one side of the gullet and have seen several since with the same issue. When I quired them they said it didn't matter as it's a treeless saddle .. I beg to disagree on that. That's why I ended up finding the Hidalgo saddle. If you are interested in the Hidalgo or the HT saddle pm me and I will put you in touch with the fitter who fitted mine.. she's based in Edinburgh.

GoldenWillow

Visit site
I also think the quality of the leather is poor considering the price compared with similar priced saddles. Like all saddles they don't work for every horse, pm me if you would like more information.

Wheels

Visit site
The first one I had saw an extremely dramatic improvement in my horses topline. So much so that I had to change because the panels were then too thick and it became unstable when we were jumping

Unfortunately after that I had another 2 that I just couldnt get on with, had to change the padding all the time and they both slipped back regularly.

So i would say to try and get a really good trial to see what does and doesnt work

Wheresthehoofpick

Visit site
You can get them on trial via a fitter . Then join the FB page - people sell them second hand on there. I got the exact set up I needed for £1200 less than buying new.

I agree leather is rubbish for price and they are rock hard. Acavello gel seat saver for me.

BUT it has transformed riding my cob. Saddle stays still. Hurray. Fits her when she is fatter or not. Makes her a but slimmer for me. LOVE IT.

ApacheWarrior1

Visit site
I have had issues in the past with the quality of the leather they use, but as for the position thing, your fitter should have been able to fix that very quickly and easily. The joy of these saddles (particularly I have to say the originals, and not the Smarts, is that they are so adjustable for both the horse and the rider.

I've used nothing but Solution saddles on more horses than I can count since 2006.

OP I'm happy to chat with you via PM if that helps.

ApacheWarrior1

Visit site
I did try them .. wasn't impressed with the quality of the workmanship / leather... plus they seem to be unable to build a symmetrical saddle .. the one tried the panels / gullet wasn't aligned with the seat.. the seat was off to one side of the gullet and have seen several since with the same issue. When I quired them they said it didn't matter as it's a treeless saddle .. I beg to disagree on that. That's why I ended up finding the Hidalgo saddle. If you are interested in the Hidalgo or the HT saddle pm me and I will put you in touch with the fitter who fitted mine.. she's based in Edinburgh.

ApacheWarrior1

Visit site
Hi Zuzan - thanks for your your response - Never heard of Hidalgo saddles so googled them last night - very nice saddles - lots of different choices. Which one did you go for?

canteron

Visit site
I think they are like marmite for the horse as well as rider.
My cob couldn’t bear it - did funny twisty bucks on the lunge - so do get a trial as far too expensive to take a chance on!!

Wheresthehoofpick

Visit site
Definitely get a trial!! I had read about some horses hating them - I did my first lap holding my breath and my neck strap!!! Luckily all was good...

Zuzan

Visit site
Hi Zuzan - thanks for your your response - Never heard of Hidalgo saddles so googled them last night - very nice saddles - lots of different choices. Which one did you go for?
I have the venice dressage model with a leather tree... it works v well for us both and nice leather / workmanship. It has a good twist which is v helpful when you have a broad backed horse.

ozpoz

Visit site
I have ridden in Solution saddles for a good few years now. I love them and so has every horse I have ridden in them. However, you absolutely do need to have them fitted by one of their trained fitters, who will fit the horse and balance the rider and help you decide on the right model to suit your horse.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I have ridden in Solution saddles for a good few years now. I love them and so has every horse I have ridden in them. However, you absolutely do need to have them fitted by one of their trained fitters, who will fit the horse and balance the rider and help you decide on the right model to suit your horse.

I'd go a bit further and say you then really need to understand how to adjust them yourself, and how to feel when the balance needs tweaking.