SOLUTION TREELESS BALANCE ISSUE

ApacheWarrior1

Visit site
Got my new Solution Treeless saddle yesterday ….. so excited about it, but then so deflated when I realised I couldn't actually manage to trot in it!! I was all over the place til the poor pony ground to a halt!! - anybody else had similar issues finding their balance at first? If so, how long did it take to feel right in it?

Zuzan

Visit site
Check that the seat of the saddle is aligned over the panels.. I have sent 3 back with this fault... it may not be you!!! I don't have a solution as I don't trust their workmanship .. there are better "soltuions" than a Solution!!

ApacheWarrior1

Visit site
Have you trialled a Solutions saddle before?

Was this saddle fitted by a Solutions fitter?
Got my new Solution Treeless saddle yesterday ….. so excited about it, but then so deflated when I realised I couldn't actually manage to trot in it!! I was all over the place til the poor pony ground to a halt!! - anybody else had similar issues finding their balance at first? If so, how long did it take to feel right in it?

ApacheWarrior1

Visit site
It was a second hand saddle I picked up online - it is brand new by the look of it and it has been checked and verified by Solutions as being a Pro GP …. the Solutions fitter came out to check it for me and she agreed it was a beautiful fit for him and that I was "good to go". She rode him first and then I got on and "attempted" to ride - we managed walk but trot was a big no-no for me as I was all over the place.... but I do remember when I first tried a Heather Moffett I had similar problem with my legs flailing all over the place.... I am hoping this is just me getting used to the huge difference in saddles....

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
It was a second hand saddle I picked up online - it is brand new by the look of it and it has been checked and verified by Solutions as being a Pro GP …. the Solutions fitter came out to check it for me and she agreed it was a beautiful fit for him and that I was "good to go". She rode him first and then I got on and "attempted" to ride - we managed walk but trot was a big no-no for me as I was all over the place.... but I do remember when I first tried a Heather Moffett I had similar problem with my legs flailing all over the place.... I am hoping this is just me getting used to the huge difference in saddles....

It could be anything at all, the wrong twist or seat width, or curve to the seat, can be enough to be all over the place. See if someone can video you riding to see if there are clues (and it may not look as bad as it feels) and consider, if after a few rides, you're still struggling, working with a biomech coach (though few are up to speed on how the saddle affects the rider).

catkin

Visit site
Are the stirrup bars in a different place to what you’re used to?

This.
And does it feel wide?

If so perhaps start by experimenting with the stirrup leather length - you may need to go a bit shorter to stabilise your leg, at least until you get used to the feel.

Do talk to the solutions fitter, there is very much a 'sweet spot', which depends upon both horse conformation and rider conformation. a saddle needs to be balanced for both.

Jellymoon

Visit site
If you’ve had it fitted by a really good Solutions fitter and they have declared it well balanced for you and your horse, then give it a few weeks to get used to it, they do feel different.
If it’s still not right, I would prob get a second opinion, perhaps contact Solutions HQ and get the details of another one. There’s an unofficial Solutions FB page, I’d ask on there who people really rate.