Solution treeless saddles?

abracadabra

Visit site
You don't have to be converted and you don't have to run away. It isn't a case of treed saddles being wrong. .

Exactly. No need to be overdramatic about it, so you don't want one, no-one cares enough to chase you! :lol:

The solutions are a good treeless saddle if you want or need to go down that route, but I don't think anyone's on a crusade. If your treed saddle fits, good for you, carry on.

wench

Visit site
Is it possible to modify existing saddle cloths for the shims to fit on, rather than buying theirs?

Kokopelli

Visit site
I have a freestyle and love it. I had a bit of a moment a couple of months ago where I thought it caused a bit of muscle wastage but it was just the way he moved and thankfully he's got all the muscle back now.

Yes wench you can do it easily, either tape them on with double sided sticky tape put Velcro on yourself. I use all kind of saddle cloths with mine. Its worth experimenting to see what works best :)

PollyP99

Visit site
I have a freestyle and love it. I had a bit of a moment a couple of months ago where I thought it caused a bit of muscle wastage but it was just the way he moved and thankfully he's got all the muscle back now.

Yes wench you can do it easily, either tape them on with double sided sticky tape put Velcro on yourself. I use all kind of saddle cloths with mine. Its worth experimenting to see what works best :)

Excuse the thread hijack but kokopelli, I noticed on another thread you bought your solution secondhand , is there a fitter locally that you used(im also gloucestershire based) I've seen one i like at a decent price but have never tried treeless on my slightly 'special' section d so ideally want one to try and someone to check it.

My worry is that as she has thrown the odd bronc when spooking and me moving my weight how she might feel with me up close and personal on her back! The option to have something that's fits her shape shifting is such a draw, fit may also be why she broncs so want to address all of this and the solution sounds like the right choice.