Some people are selfish beyond belief.

peaceandquiet1

Visit site
The sheer wickedness of some people never fails to surprise me. I wish no ill on anyone even people who have harmed me, but at present myself and my daughter are victims of a smear campaign and we have no way of defending ourselves, it's all jealousy but it's horrible. How could anyone not want to stop and help at the scene of an accident, the story of the knocked down dog and the distressed children has really upset me.

fatpiggy

Visit site
I experienced something not dissimilar during the summer as I was driving from work to my horse. I could see something going on beyond the next traffic lights and moved into the outside lane as it looked like the inside one was blocked. As I went through the lights a police car overtook me and pulled across both lanes to halt the traffic. I could then see that a motorbike and a car had had a disagreement, it was likely to take some time and as the ambulance was coming up on the outside too, moved back into the inside lane and switched the engine off. After about 10 minutes some numpty mid-50s kn*****d in his Lexus decided he'd waited quite long enough and tried to overtake us all, bypass the police and carry on his merry way. I was talking to a police woman at that moment who was telling me she was about to turn us all around so we could divert at the lights so pointed him out to her and said she'd better have a word before he caused another accident. She duly spoke sternly to him but I though, what a horrible self-centred cretin he was. His needs clearly outweighed everyone elses' in his opinion. Seems to be a common trait in drivers of expensive cars IMHO.

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
What terribly sad stories. People are so selfish, I truly hope karma catches up with them all. I always endeavor to help others and encourage my children to be kind and thoughtless too.

edgedem

Visit site
youve got to think with people like this that they are the types to drive past you when its YOU dying in the road.

This is why animal cruelty is taken (mostly) so seriously, there isnt much between animal and human cruelty, its how some crazy serial killers start off as kids, so say.

disgusts me. Also makes me not want to ride my very young, green, scared cob on the roads. i feel no one cares nowadays. And i read a thread on here the other day that says motorists (on piston heads) are purposely speeding up because they are offended by the Polite vests!! have some common sense people!

Elbie

Visit site
I remember being at the doctors surgery. There was a long wait for one of the doctors as their patient was suffering from chest pain and in the doctor decided they needed an ambulance. Quite rightly, the doctor stayed with the patient in the room, however, that means all the other patients had to wait.

Some man was complaining to the receptionists about it. Obviously the doctor should've just dumped the patient back in the waiting room!

Makes you wonder what is wrong with some people.

Ninfapaola

Visit site
I probably would've lobbed a load of mud into his car.

Me too, amongst everything else I could throw at him! This kind of thing really gets my back up!

This ignorant ***** wants reporting to the police; hopefully he'll need help one day and everyone will just pass him by!

laura_lor

Visit site
The more stories like this that I encounter the less I like the general public - however, as my Dad likes to remind me "You get pricks with every rosebush". I guess we have to cling to the knowledge that for every despicable excuse for a human being out there, there are also wonderful, kind and compassionate people among us. It's just a shame the balance seems a little skewed...

Bertolie

Visit site
Last year one of my horses was involved in a RTA. He had dumped my daughter who was riding him and bolted off in a blind panic. He ended up about 3 miles away on a main road. By the time I arrived at the scene the police has cordoned off the road as there was a badly injured horse and a badly damaged car blocking the road. The road is the only one through a village, and the accident happened on a steep hill on a blind bend so the police had no choice but to close the road. Most people were lovely and I owe a huge debt to the people who stopped and helped my horse and the car driver :) but whilst we were waiting for the vet to arrive, a woman pulled up and demanded that we all move out of the way so that she could pass. I appreciated that the only other way for her to get to her destination involved a 15 mile detour but hey ho! She got quite angry when her 'request' was denied and thankfully the was a contingent of my fellow liveries in attendance at the scene (think the whole yard actually turned out to help!) and they 'dealt' with the car driver in no uncertain terms :D I have to say though, that was one person out of about 20 who had no consideration for anyone but themselves.

ClobellsandBaubles

Visit site
I think sometimes that people have become so isolated and insular that they have lost all ability to empathise. There is less of a feeling of community spirit and support we barely talk to our neighbours let alone care what happens to people around us any more :(

I was talking to a doctor recently who said at the local A and E they had recently change the waiting room around so that now there was a separate corridor for emergencies on trolleys to go through to speed up access. But as the people sat in the waiting room could no longer see that there were people being rushed in more in need than them the number of complaints about waiting times sky rocketed.

I count myself very lucky that on both occasion I have broken down some one has stopped to help me and make sure I was ok. On the first occasion it was actually a neighbours son who didn't recognise me (who I sent card and pressie too) and on the second time it was a bus full of army cadets :rolleyes: which I can't attribute to looking at all like a damsel in distress more like a drowned tearful rat. So there are lovely people in the world it just seems to be a less then supportive environment for these characteristics.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
I don't think it's selfishness as such, something much more disturbing: a complete inability to empathise and form an appropriate reaction, also known as sociopathy.

onemorehorse

Visit site
I used to work at a Shire Horse centre and there were daily 'demonstrations' where we would bring out the horses to talk about them. One day the hay barn caught fire, a whole winters worth for some 40 horses ablaze plus at the same time we had a horse go down with colic. Yes you guessed it, we had a complaint about the fact that there was no demonstration......

Chaptertwo

Visit site
I was talking to my Vet earlier today and she told me that she had been called out to a badly injured horse on a road a few days ago. She was trying to assess the horse when a driver got out of his car and demanded that they got out of the way and moved the horse or he would run them over. Her Vet nurse said that she would call the Police if he tried it. There was another route past the accident, but the man said that he didn't want to use it because he didn't want to get his car muddy.

I am still shocked by this.

Sorry - I forgot to ask if the horse was OK.

What an arrogant arse!!!!!!!!! :mad:

OWLIE185

Visit site
Some years ago as I was driving down the A1(M) just before the Hatfield Tunnell I spotted some swans on the motorway so slowly slowed down and put my hazard warning lights on and stopped. I then put my Hi-Viz jacket on and stopped the traffic in the other lanes. All the traffic stopped and we waited until the police and RSPCA arrived to deal with the swans. To my knowledge no one complained despite waiting for about 90 minutes till the swans had been safely retreived.